The leaked images did not show it, but many of you guys already suspected it: the Fujifilm X-H2S is going to bring the PSAM dial also to the X-H series.
And you guessed well, guys! The X-H2S will indeed have a PSAM dial.
You know what’s my take on it: nothing is more fun and more practical to use than having as many dedicated dials as possible.
However, I also own a Fujifilm camera with a PSAM dial, the Fujifilm GFX100S.
And you know what?
Also the GFX100S is stupidly easy and fast to operate… just not as fun.
The way I have set up my GFX100S is that I have it on M all the time and quickly control ISO with the rear command dial (often I just leave it at one of my three AUTO ISO settings) and shutter speed with the front command dial. For aperture I use of course the ring on the lens.
So, from a mere operational point of view, a PSAM dial is very far from being an ergonomic nightmare. On the contrary, many might find it even more convenient to use.
And I can’t blame Fujifilm for finally offering also in their high-end APS-C line a camera with PSAM dial. I am 100% sure that this will help Fujifilm to expand its customer base, as there is a huge chunk of photographers loving to work with PSAM dials.
Luckily Fujifilm has also other higher end APS-C camera lines, all with wonderful retro controls (X-Pro3, X-T3, X-T4, a future Fujifilm X-T5 or Fujifilm X-Pro4). So the X series is and will remain home for retro lovers like me and many of you.
But we all love Fujifilm and want it to succeed. So if a PSAM dial camera every now and then helps the system to grow and flourish, well, then I applaud such cameras.
Fujifilm X-H2 and X-H2S rumored specs list:
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming with new 26MP sensor and new 40MP sensor
- Fujifilm X-H2S with PSAM dial
- X-H2S with 40fps bursts
- Active Cooling performed via dedicated accessory and here is how it works
- Fujifilm X-H2S to offer animal/object AF tracking
- List of subjects the new autofocus system can track
- First Leaked Hands on Images
- Fujifilm X-H2S Compatible with CFexpress Cards as well as SD-Cards – more precisely CFexpress Type B
- Fujifilm X-H2S to record 6K video as well as 4K/120p
- Fujifilm X-H2s with flippy screen
- Fujifilm X-H2S to be announced before Fujifilm X-H2
- Fujifilm X-H2S with Stacked Sensor
- Fujifilm X Summit on May 31
- no in-camera active sensor cooling like Panasonic S1H & Co (and described in this Fujifilm patent).
- one of the two X-H2 to be called Fujifilm X-H2S
- Fujifilm X-H2s is the name of the 26MP version
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
- the two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras will have two different sensors
- one X-H2 has 40 megapixel, the other has another megapixel number
- second Fujifilm X-H2 will have 26 megapixel
- announcement in May 2022
- two grip options for Fujifilm X-H2 cameras – significant price difference between the two options
The Fastest Growing Fujifilm Group
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
Join Our Owners Groups