Fujifilm X-H2S with CFexpress Type B and SD-Card Slot
Here is a little, and yet quite relevant rumor update.
We did tell you already that the Fujifilm X-H2S will be compatible with CFexpress Cards and SD-Cards.
But people asked me if it would be CFexpress Type A or CFexpress Type B.
Well, just as most of modern mirrorless cameras, also Fujifilm opted for CFexpress Type B cards.
Here are the current CFexpress Type B Card offerings:
- Sandisk CFexpress Type B
- Delkin CFexpress Type B
- Delkin Black CFexpress Type B
- Lexar CFexpress Type B
- Sony CFexpress Type B
- Prograde CFexpress Type B
- AV PRO SE CFexpress Type B
- Ritz Gear Video Pro CFExpress Type B
And here the mirrorless cameras that use CFexpress Type B or Type A.
- Mirrorless Cameras using CFexpress Type B Cards
Nikon Z6, Nikon Z7, Canon R5, Canon R3, Panasonic S1, Panasonic S1R
- Mirrorless Cameras using CFexpress Type A Cards
Sony A7SIII, Sony A1
So what are the Pros and Cons of each Type?
Pro: smaller (20mm x 28mm x 2.8mm) and the same slot can be used for both, CFexpress Type A and SD-Cards
Con: slower readout speed than CFexpress Type B (theoretical max 1,000MB/s)
Pro: twice as fast max. readout speed compared to CFexpress Type A (theoretical max 2,000MB/s)
Con: bigger than CFexpress Type A (38.5mm x 29.6mm x 3.8mm) and not compatible with SD Cards
The Fuji Solution
So, as most manufacturers, Fujifilm opted for the maximum speed. And in times of 4K/120p and 6K or 8K I think it’s good this way.
And for those, who do not need super fast CFexpress Type B cards, the Fujifilm X-H2S will offer also an SD-Card slot.
If I was to get an X-H2S, then I probably would buy a CFexpress card type B to store my RAW files there and use the UHS-II SD-Card to store the JPEG files as backup. Sounds like the best solution to me.
Fujifilm X-H2 and X-H2S rumored specs list:
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming with new 26MP sensor and new 40MP sensor
- Fujifilm X-H2S to offer animal/object AF tracking
- First Leaked Hands on Images
- Fujifilm X-H2S Compatible with CFexpress Cards as well as SD-Cards – more precisely CFexpress Type B
- Fujifilm X-H2S to record 6K video as well as 4K/120p
- Fujifilm X-H2s with flippy screen
- Fujifilm X-H2S to be announced before Fujifilm X-H2
- Fujifilm X-H2S with Stacked Sensor
- Fujifilm X Summit on May 31
- no in-camera active sensor cooling like Panasonic S1H & Co (and described in this Fujifilm patent).
- one of the two X-H2 to be called Fujifilm X-H2S
- Fujifilm X-H2s is the name of the 26MP version
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
- the two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras will have two different sensors
- one X-H2 has 40 megapixel, the other has another megapixel number
- second Fujifilm X-H2 will have 26 megapixel
- announcement in May 2022
- two grip options for Fujifilm X-H2 cameras – significant price difference between the two options
The Fastest Growing Fujifilm Group
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
Follow FujiRumors on Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
Join Our Owners Groups