Fujifilm told us in September 2021, that in 2022 they will launch the 5th generation BSI stacked sensor camera.
Well, today FujiRumors can tell you with 100% certainty that the Fujifilm X-H2S will feature a new 26 megapixel stacked sensor.
So what, case closed?
Not at all, because as you know there will not be one Fujifilm X-H2, but two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras.
- Fujifilm X-H2S 26MP stacked sensor camera
- Fujifilm X-H2 40MP high resolution camera
So now the question is: will the high resolution Fujifilm X-H2 also have a stacked sensor? Maybe the 8K capable stacked BSI sensor that Sony already has for sale with 43MP (and Fuji would make effective use of 40 of those megapixel?)
That’s something I am working on and FujiRumors will provide the answer as soon as I can do it with 100% certainty and accuracy.
Fujifilm X-H2/S Rumor Recap
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming with new 26MP sensor and new 40MP sensor
- Fujifilm X-H2S with Stacked Sensor
- Fujifilm X Summit on May 31
- no in-camera active sensor cooling like Panasonic S1H & Co (and described in this Fujifilm patent).
- one of the two X-H2 to be called Fujifilm X-H2S
- Fujifilm X-H2s is the name of the 26MP version
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
- the two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras will have two different sensors
- one X-H2 has 40 megapixel, the other has another megapixel number
- second Fujifilm X-H2 will have 26 megapixel
- announcement in May 2022
- two grip options for Fujifilm X-H2 cameras