The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.03 incorporates the following issues:
New Features Guide: English, Français, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Nederland, Polski, Svenska, Norsk, Dansk, Pусский, Suomi, 中文简, 中文繁體, 한국어, ภาษาไทย, Arabic
Expanding the use of outstanding image technology based on unique color reproduction
1) Addition of the new Film Simulation modes below.
・“CLASSIC Neg” mode, simulating color negative film traditionally chosen for snapshots.
・“ETERNA Bleach Bypass” mode, which simulates the film processing technique of the same name.
2) “Color Chrome Blue” is added, which adds depth to color and tonal reproduction in blue skies and other primarily blue subjects.
3) Additional functions of GRAIN EFFECT (SIZE, ROUGHNESS).
Improving autofocus performance
1) Fast and highly-accurate phase-detection AF even in low-light conditions at -5EV.
2) Improvement of the Face / Eye AF performance.
The face / eye detection accuracy and stability are improved when shooting multiple people, so as to make portrait photography easier than ever before.
3) Auto mode will be added to focus bracketing.
Specify the starting and ending points and shooting interval, and the camera can automatically determine the number of frames and steps required.
Enabling video recording control from Gimbal / Drone via USB communications
Combining the GFX100 with Gimbal / Drone that supports this function, will allow users to start / stop video recording, specify exposure settings for video (shutter speed, aperture value, ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation), and make manual focus adjustments.(*1)
Guilin FeiYu Electronic Technology Co. Ltd.(*2), Shenzhen Gudsen Technology Co.(*3), Ltd., SZ DJI Technology Co.,Ltd.(*4) and ZHIYUN(*5) (alphabetical order) have announced the intention of offering compatible products.
*1：Functions that can be controlled vary from Gimbal to Gimbal.
*2：Guilin Feiyu Technology Incorporated Company
*3：Shenzhen Gudsen Technology Co., Ltd.
*4：SZ DJI Technology Co.,Ltd
Expanding various other functions requested by customers
1) The firmware will allow users to adjust exposure settings (shutter speed, aperture value, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for still images from a computer when using software that supports some tether-shooting functions.
2) More photo-editing applications will support the import of rating information, assigned in camera.
3) “COMPRESSED” is added to RAW RECORDING.
Features RAW video data output to ATOMOS NINJA V field monitor-recorder(*6)
GFX100 will be able to output maximum 4K/29.97P(*7) 12bit RAW video data using HDMI to an ATOMOS NINJA V, in Apple ProRes RAW. New firmware for NINJA V will be released by ATOMOS. RAW video data gives maximum flexibility for exposure adjustment or color grading in post-production for professional videographers. Also, simultaneous output of RAW with Film Simulation / F-Log / Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) is also available.
*6:GFX100 can record ProRes RAW only with ATOMOS NINJA V (as of June 30th 2020).
*7:Compatible with 4K (3840×2160) 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P. Not compatible with FHD.
Fix of minor bugs