Finally we can share the final detail about the Fujifilm GFX100 successor sensor.
So still 100 megapixel BSI (not stacked), but optimized for faster sensor readout compared to the current 100MP sensor in use on the GFX100/S as well as in its APS-C format on the Fujifilm X-T3, X-T4, X-S20 etc.
We will have to see what benefit this sensor brings in real life, but on paper (and from what we can see on the Sony A6700), the faster sensor readout leads to less rolling shutter especially in video, allows for faster processing of files and potentially just speeds up the camera overall in terms of autofocus, EVF blackout and more.
The perfect solution to speed up the GFX system without going the super expensive stacked sensor route.
Fujifilm X Summit September 12
GFX100 Successor Rumors & More
- Fujifilm X Summit on September 12
- Fujifilm GFX100 successor announcement on September 12
- GFX100 successor will tilt & detachable EVF
- GFX100 successor with detachable battery grip
- GF55mmF1.7 and Tilt Shift 30mm + 110mm F5.6 coming September 12
- GFX100 successor with new sensor
- GFX100 replacement about the size of the GFX100S but with angled top plate
- GFX100 successor with new 102MP BSI sensor (used on Sony A6700)
Follow FujiRumors on
Fujifilm Facebook Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-S User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
- Fujifilm X Mount Third Party Autofocus Lenses Group