So now we know it:
As we reported earlier today, Fujifilm has announced the 5th generation X series camera to be launched in May 2022.
No more than that.
However, FujiRumors readers know it since May 2021 already: the first X series camera to feature an all new sensor and processor will be the Fujifilm X-H2. And actually, not only one, but two Fujifilm X-H2 will come in 2022.
Sure, that’s the huge news of the day.
However, I allow myself to bother you for the second time this Sunday, to hightlight something that otherwise probably would pass unnoticed.
In fact, Fujifilm has released a couple of videos to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Fujifilm X mount (the X-Pro1 was launched in January 2012), and in addition to the Fujifilm X Summit in May, they also annouced a new video project called “Reflections” and a #10YearsOfXMount hashtag campaign.
So we have the following:
- Fujifilm X Summit in May: 5th generation Fujifilm X Series cameras – Fujifilm X-H2
- Video Project “Reflections”: Fujifilm would like to feature X-users who they came to know during their 10 year journey. The first video will be released on the 26th of January.
- #10YearsOfXMount hashtag campaign: Fujifilm will set a theme each month, and you can share a photo about that theme on your social media using the hashtag. The theme for January is “my best photo” (you know which one is mine)
- GFX Challenge Program (we reported here): Fujiflm will select 50 projects, then narrow it down later on to 15 and in the final round 5 projects will be selected
What we know from previous teaser is that Fujifilm will launch a stacked BSI X-Trans APS-C sensor.
In the same video (you can see below), the Fujifilm manager also says:
- X-Pro1 was announced 10 years ago on January 9, 2012
- customers feedback was very positive especially due to the X-Trans sensor and high quality lenses
- Since then, Fujifilm as introduced about 30 camera models and over 40 lenses
You can also find other celebration videos down below as well as chech out the dedicated Fujifilm X 10th anniversary website.
Also the Fuji Guys and X Photographers started sharing their celebration videos. You can see them all down below, and I will add more videos to the article once they go online.
Fujifilm X-H2 Rumor Recap
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
- the two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras will have two different sensors
- one X-H2 has 40 megapixel, the other has another megapixel number
- second Fujifilm X-H2 will have 26 megapixel
- announcement in May