Fujifilm has patented an active sensor cooling system using fan and heat sink for cameras featuring IBIS.
These kind of cooling systems are generally used for video centric cameras like the Panasonic GH6 and S1H, the Canon EOS R5C and the Sony FX3.
I know what you are thinking: this must be for the Fujifilm X-H2, which everybody expects to be the video-centric camera of Fujifilm.
But I have learned one thing in all these years: my speculations are not nearly as accurate as the rumors from our sources. This is why I won’t even try it, and just let it there as a patent, waiting for our sources to give us some more solid indication on the Fujifilm X-H2 cameras.
- Applicant: Fujifilm Corporation
Application number: P 2020163229
Name of invention: Imaging equipment and imaging method
- One embodiment of this disclosure technology is to provide an imaging device and imaging method with image stabilization mechanism.
- In recent years, image sensors may shoot high-quality videos for a long time. It is preferable to use the imaging device in the appropriate temperature range. Shooting high-quality videos consumes a lot of power, and the heat generation from the imaging device itself exceeds the appropriate temperature range. In long-term high-quality video recording, the imaging device works with protection functions such as forcing the shooting to for the protection of the device itself and the safety of the photographer, such as forcing the shooting to exceed the appropriate temperature range. Therefore, it may not be possible to secure enough shooting time for shooting high-quality videos.
- In addition, when shooting repeatedly, it is not possible to secure enough shooting time when there is no time interval when the temperature of the imaging device that rose when used last time drops to the appropriate range. In addition, in the imaging device with image stabilization function, it is difficult to dissipate heat generated from the image sensor because the heating image sensor is constantly floating at the time of shooting.
- In light of the situation described above, in this form, we propose an imaging device and imaging method that can rapidly cool the image sensor and secure the shooting time in the appropriate temperature range after the shooting is over or using the image stabilization function.
- The imaging unit 100 has three heat pipes 180A to 180C. Heat pipes 180A to 180C are heat transport bodies that transport heat. The end of the heat pipe 180A to 180C is installed in sheet metal 108C of the refrigerator 108. In addition, the other end of the heat pipe 180A to 180C is installed in the heat sink 110. As a result, the heat emitted by the cooling system 108 can be transported from 180A to 180C and cooled by the forced cooling mechanism 46 of the destination.
- Using heat pipes 180A to 180C, the heat generated from the cooling system 108 can be transported and cooled with the forced cooling mechanism 46 of the destination. As a result, there is no need to prepare a forced cooling system with sheet metal 108C of the cooling system 108, and it is possible to make effective use of the space inside the imaging device 2 of the image sensor 20.
via ipforce via digicame-info
The Fastest Growing Fujifilm Group
Follow FujiRumors on Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
Join Our Owners Groups