Half a year of rumors is over, and it was probably the most successful we ever had on FujiRumors.
With a total amount of 44 rumors shared, we are currently sharing more rumors than ever in the years before.
The Fujifilm X-T4 was without a doubt the big one in 2020, and I frankly can’t remember if FR ever leaked so much about one single camera, as we did with the Fujifilm X-T4.
At this point BIG thanks to all our sources, for helping me to keep the Fuji X community on fire. Being a Fuji X/GFX shooter is just more fun, if every now and then we get something hot to talk about… ;).
Sharing rumors is one thing, sharing accurate rumors is another. And since we don’t want you to believe in fake rumors like the death of Fujifilm X-H2 or fake X-T3 firmware leak 4.00, we try to honor the time you decide to spend reading FujiRumors by delivering dry and verified rumors.
Did it work out well so far in 2020?
Let’s check it:
- 497 blog post published so far in 181 days (about 3 blog posts a day)
- 44 rumors shared in 181 days (2020)
- 9 rumors still to be verified and 2 rumors not in ranking (details below)
- 32 correct rumors out of 33 verifiable rumors
- 1 wrong rumor out of 33 verifiable rumors
- 97% correct rumors
Where is the Fujifilm X-T3 Firmware Update?
Let me quickly address the big one, before we move to the list: the Fujifilm X-T3 firmware update.
Now, I said that there would be an X-T3 Kaizen firmware in spring/summer, probably in June, but evidently this did not happen.
So what happened?
The information about the X-T3 firmware came from sources, who also accurately predicted the GFX100, X-A7 and X-T4 firmware update. So how can they be right with GFX100, X-T4 and X-A7 firmware, but not with X-T3?
Well, as I told you many times, if there is one thing, Fujifilm can change anytime, then it’s the release of new firmware updates. And evidently some plans changed at Fujifilm regarding the X-T3 firmware.
What does it mean for the X-T3?
Well, I am investigating it right now. Was the firmware just pushed back to agevolate X-T4 sales? Or completely canceled due to the lack of resources? Or will it get different (less?) features than Fujifilm originally planed? At this point in time I do not know.
You Vote Now!
I’ll be honest….
Firmware rumors are those, I get wrong the easiest. And in 99% of the cases they are right at the time of sharing, just Fujifilm changes plans.
This is why I was thinking if I should stop sharing firmware rumors. I am debating, because on the other hand this is a rumor site, and if I have strong elements in my hands, I feel confident to share anyway, despite the risk.
But looking at the recent massive disappointment, because the X-T3 didn’t get the rumored firmware, I felt sad that I put hope into the hearts of X-T3 owners, and I feel responsible for their disappointment.
So I thought: let me ask you directly in a survey, if you want me to continue to share firmware rumors or not.
The Future Rumors?
Due to COVID-19 and home-teaching, I had the most stressful spring ever (and I know it was very hard for you guys too). We all have to go through tough times.
One week ago I finished also with all the paperwork for school, and I need just a moment to be out on my mountains and recharge batteries.
But of course I will work again in full power on the rumors now.
And trust me… just wait… the next rumor-storm will come. So make sure to follow FujiRumors, if you want to have a good time ;).
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Top Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX
Rumor Overview with Reliability Rating
* 75% to 99% correct
- Venus Optics Laowa “Argus” Series will Include Widest f/0.95 lens for Fujifilm X Mount (shared January 17)
- Fujifilm X Lens Roadmap: Two Fujinon MK II Lenses Coming within March 2021 plus XF50mmF1.0 and XF70-300mmF4-5.6 (shared April 30)
- Fujifilm to Launch Two More Mid-Range X series Cameras in This Fiscal Year (ending March 2021) (shared June 2)
MEDIUM HIGH RATING*
*50% to 74% correct
- Fujifilm X-E line Canceled, Game Over for Fujifilm X-E4 (shared March 3) NOTE: This rumor was correct, at the time of sharing. But Fujifilm changed plans in 2 months later, and put the X-E4 in the roadmap again. However, I will move this in the wrong rumor list once (if) the X-E4 materializes (update shared April 29)
- Fujifilm Working on Fujinon XF 70-300mm X Mount Lens (shared March 16)
- Fujifilm Working on Fujinon XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (shared April 22)
- No New Fujifilm GFX Camera Coming in 2020. We have to Wait until 2021 (shared January 10)
MEDIUM LOW RATING*
*25% to 49% correct
- Fujifilm X-T3 Firmware Update in Spring/Summer will Bring “a Significant Number” of Fujifilm X-T4 features to X-T3 (shared February 23) – NOTE: this rumor says “Summer”, so I’ll move it in the wrong rumor list as soon as autumn comes… unless the X-T3 firmware comes out within late summer of course.
*1% to 24% correct
_ _ _
THE 2019 CHECK
CORRECT RUMORS IN 2020
- Fujifilm X-T200 Coming Soon (shared January 9)
- Fujifilm X100V with Improved 23mm f/2 lens (shared January 14)
- Fujinon XC 35mm f/2 Announcement January 23 (shared January 21)
- Venus Optics Laowa 65mm 2:1 Macro for Fujifilm Coming in a Few Days (shared January 22)
- Fujifilm X100V with old NP-W126S Battery (shared January 26)
- Fujifilm X-T200 Coming with X-A7 alike Vari-Angle LCD Screen (shared January 13)
- Fujifilm X100V will Cost $1,399 (shared February 4 – 2 hours before official annoucement)
- It’s Gone: Also Fujifilm X100V Without D-Pad (shared January 28)
- New Fujifilm X100V Lens still Compatible with current WCL/TCL-X100 Converters (shared January 24)
- Fujifilm X100V: First Leaked Image (shared January 21)
- Fujifilm X100V with 2 way Tilt Screen (shared January 20)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Announcement on February 26 (shared January 27)
- Fujifilm X-T3 Successor to be Called Fujifilm X-T4 (shared January 31)
- Fujifilm X-T4 and Fujifilm X100V will NOT Be Announced on the Same Day (shared January 23)
- Fujifilm X-T4 will NOT shoot 6K Video (shared February 12)
- Fujifilm X-T4: D-Pad or No D-Pad? The Answer in This Article! (shared February 12)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with X-T200 Mechanism Flippy Screen (and not Panasonic S1H as rumored by somebody else here) (shared February 13)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with New Bleach Bypass Film Simulation, 15 fps CH, 1.62m dots Screen and More Specs Leaked (shared February 17)
- Fujifilm X-T4 – First full image and battery image (shared February 16)
- Fujifilm X-T4 with X-Trans IV 26 MP sensor (shared February 16)
- Fujifilm X-T4 to cost $1700, No Pixel-shift yet. USB PD protocol implemented, as it charged very quickly with a PD 30W USB-C charger. Not so fast with a normal QC charger.
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with Digital Image Stabilization that Works in Conjunction with OIS/IBIS, X Processor 4 and 240 fps (shared February 19)
- Fujifilm X-T4 has No Headphone Jack in Camera, but Comes with USB-C Adapter (shared February 25)
- X-T4 IBIS can go up to 6.5 stops with some of the prime lenses. Multiple Boost modes including normal / economy / boost AF / boost FPS / boost Res etc. (shared February 17)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with Completely New Battery (shared January 15)
- Fujifilm X-T3 Successor NOT to be Announced in January, but in February/March (shared January 8)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with IBIS (shared January 9)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Coming with Selfie Flippy Screen (shared January 30)
- Fujifilm X-T4 with Improved Battery Life and EVF (shared January 13)
- Fujinon GF30mm f/3.5: Product Description and More Images Leaked (shared June 30)
- NiSi to launch Filter System for Fujifilm X100V (shared March 20)
- Fujifilm Firmware Updates Coming in June for X-T4, X-A7, GFX100 (shared May 27)
WRONG RUMORS IN 2019
- Major Fujifilm X-T3 and GFX100 Firmware Update Coming Within June (but not in April) (shared April 15 – GFX100 part is correct, but X-T3 not)
Not in Ranking
- Fujifilm X-T4: Coronavirus Outbreak Pushes Shipping Back to Late April/Early May (shared February 26 – 2 hours before official announcement)
- Fujifilm X-T3 Successor Shipping in March/Early Spring 2020 (shared January 7).
[FUJIFILM manager said that the factories closed after Chinese New Year (hence beginning February, and stayed closed until mid February, and then slowly the started production again. They did not literally say “that’s why we pushed back the release of X-T4 for a month, compared to our original plan, which FujiRumors said in early January was actually March”. Hence, it’s clear that this is actually correct, both the information I shared. But I put it out of ranking anyway.]