Today I decided to take a look at the refresh rate of the top/mid range Fujifilm cameras and tried to make a guess (NOT A RUMOR) about when the Fujifilm X-H2, Fujifilm X-Pro3, Fujifilm X-E4, Fujifilm X-T4, Fujifilm X-T30 and Fujifilm X200 (or X100V) can be expected.
Overall we can see how the Fujifilm X-E and X-Pro line are gravitating towards a 4 years refresh time, whereas X-T and X100 line are close to a 2 years refresh time.
- This is not based on rumors, and it’s not said that Fujifilm will always keep the same product refresh rate. Everything can change anytime.
- Don’t miss the upcoming rumors and join us on Facebook, RSS-feed, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter
- All 2/3 sensor cameras are not included, since the won’t ever get any successor (not even 1 inch sensor cameras, no matter what old patents say)
- X70/XF10: XF10 is not the X70 successor. It’s unclear if there will be a Fujifilm X80 at some point
- X-A line has a high refresh rate, but the FR community is for the most part not interested in this camera line
- GFX 50S, GFX 100S, GFX 50R: According to our rumors, the GFX 100 comes 2 years and 3 months after the GFX 50S. It’s unclear if the Fuji GFX 50R will also get a 2 year refresh rate or a 4 year refresh rate like its rangefinder brothers the X-Pro and X-E
Our Owners Groups
- GFX User Group / X-H User Group / X-E User Group / X-T User Group / X-Pro User Group / X100 line Group
Our Facebook Pages
Fujifilm X-T Line
Fujifilm has pretty much a 2 years refresh time on the Fujifilm X-T line.
The Fujifilm X-T2 was announced in July, but started shipped only in September, which means the Fujifilm X-T3 shipped exactly 2 years after the X-T2. If Fujifilm keeps this timeline, then we can expect a Fujifilm X-T4 in September 2020.
1 year and 10 months passed between the Fujifilm X-T10 and X-T20 announcement. This would actually mean that the Fujifilm X-T30 should be announced in October 2018 (now), but I haven’t heard of any Fujifilm X-T30 in 2018. So I just took the X-T line refresh cycle (about 2 years), which would mean the Fujifilm X-T30 could come in January 2019.
Fujifilm X-H Line
Regarding the Fujifilm X-H2, I take the same refresh rate Fujifilm has for its X-T line (2 years). If that’s Fuji’s plan also for the Fujifilm X-H2, then the Fuji XH2 would be announced in February 2020.
But again, Fujifilm can decide anytime to change their usual refresh time, based on market needs.
Fujifilm X-E and X-Pro
The Fujifilm X-Pro line has a 4 year refresh cycle.
The Fujifilm X-E line had a faster one between X-E1 and X-E2 (1 year and 1 month). We can ignore the X-E2s, which is just an X-E2 with auto button. So the jump from X-E2 to Fuji X-E3 is of 4 years, too.
And given the (lower) sales of the X-E line, Fujifilm might not be in a hurry to refresh a rather unsuccessful line. I wouldn’t be surprised if we would have to wait 4 more years for the Fujifilm X-E4 (or Fujifilm X-E5, if Fujifilm skipps the number 4).
The Fujifilm X100 line has an average of 2 years recycle time. If Fujifilm keeps it this way, we can expect the Fujifilm X100V or Fuji X200 in Janaury 2019.