Hey guys! Everything ok? I hope so :) .
I allow myself to bother you today, because there is a new rumor to share, about the Fujifilm X-H1, which will be announced February 15.
According to our trusted sources, the Fujifilm X-H1 will have “electronic first curtain shutter” (EFCS).
robertotoole explains very good how electronic first curtain shutter (EFSC) works:
“When you press the shutter button to take a picture the electronic first curtain shutter uses a high-speed scanning system that mimics a mechanical first curtain shutter operation then synchronizes with a mechanical second curtain shutter to cover the sensor and end the exposure. Any vibration caused by the second curtain shutter happens after exposure has ended.
When you press the shutter button to take a picture with EFSC disabled or with a camera without EFSC a mechanical first curtain shutter uncovers the sensor and the second curtain follows along to form a slot to expose the sensor. The mechanical first curtain causes vibrations to occur throughout the exposure. This can lead to image blurring with high magnification macro or telephoto work.”
I know what you think… the X-H1 has the same sensor of X-T2, the same processor of X-T2… so will EFCS come to X-T2 via Kaizen firmware update? Let’s hope so :) .
Full X-H1 Rumored Specs
- Announcement February 15, 2018
- Electronic First Curtain Shutter
- Fujifilm X-H1 Faster Autofocus Than Fujifilm X-T2
- X-H1 will have IBIS and it will be 5 Axis In Body Stabilization
- IBIS will work with all Fujinon X-mount lenses
- IBIS Full sensor readout
- IBIS and OIS currently do not work together
- No sensor shift multishot
- There will be design changes over the X-T2, such as a better hand grip
- First Sketches of X-H1 – Front + Back + Top side Sketches
- The X-H1 will have the 24MP megapixel X-Trans III sensor
- Release first half of 2018 – Shipping in March
- Will cost around $2,000
- New Film simulation Eterna coming with X-H1
- No top LCD screen like GFX dial but
- X-Processor Pro of Fujifilm X-T2 & Co
- Fujifilm X-H1 same battery of X-T2, the NP-W126S
- Fujifilm X-H1 same 3-Way Tilt Screen of X-T2 + Touch Function
- Video Specs: 4K, 1.17x crop, 30p, 4:2:0 8 bit 200 Mbps
- Internal F-Log
- Headphone Jack in Body
- “4K Photo” feature is a Timelapse Feature
- EVF with 30%+ Higher Resolution than X-T2
- Much shorter EVF black out than X-T2, basically black out free