6 Months of Fujifilm X-H1 (IBIS) Rumors
Here on FujiRumors we started the Fujiflm IBIS camera rumor 6 months ago, in July 2017. And since then, the rumors just kept coming.
We have shared detailed specs, such as the Eterna film simulation, the lack of sensor shift multishot, the X-Processor Pro, the IBIS with full sensor readout, the internal F-Log and a lot more (see list below).
Until now, 99% of the rumors shared in our detailed specs list is still only rumored by FujiRumors, but I am confident that our friends at digicame-info, nokishita (who leaked the name X-H1) & Co will follow soon, and that they can confirm and integrate the rumored specs shared on FR.
Until then, I’ll do my best to share whatever I can. I admit it’s a long and hard rumor marathon, but the X-H1 is an exciting camera, so I’m highly motivated to find out and share more about it…
… and to answer 2 of your questions today :)
btw… keep up making questions. Sometimes I can forget to make specific questions to sources. So let me know in the comments what you would like me to ask, and I will see if I can find out the answer for you.
5 Axis IBIS
Some of you asked me via email if the X-H1 has 3 or 5 axis stabilization. I guess this comes because a Fuji manager said X-mount is not compatible with IBIS, so some of you are afraid it could be “only” 3 axis stabilization.
Well, the good news: it will be 5 axis in body image stabilization.
As reported earlier, it will have full sensor readout (no crop when IBIS is activated). It will lack of sensor shift and dual IS (OIS+IBIS), at least at the current firmware stage, but the IBIS only function will work just fine, don’t worry.
3 Way Tilt and Touch Screen
I received many questions via email, if the Fujifilm X-H1 will have a fully articulating screen.
Quick answer: nope! Same 3-way tilting screen of X-T2 and GFX.
It will also have a touch screen.
Join our Fujifilm X-H Facebook group.
Fujifilm X-H1 Rumored Specs
- Despite what Fujifilm managers said about X-mount not being compatible with IBIS, the X-H1 will have IBIS
- IBIS will work with all Fujinon X-mount lenses.
- As opposed to Olympus & Co, IBIS and OIS will not work together… at least currently that’s not possible. Maybe Fujifilm will tweak the firmware in future. But at launch I don’t expect IBIS and OIS to work together.
- Fujifilm’s IBIS solution will not allow the sensor shift multishot
- There will be design changes over the X-T2, such as a better hand grip
- The X-H1 will have the 24MP megapixel X-Trans III sensor
- The release is (currently) scheduled for the first half of 2018
- Shipping in February
- Will cost around $2,000
- New Film simulation Eterna is coming
- IBIS Full sensor readout
- Internal F-Log
- No top LCD screen like GFX dial but
- Fuji X-T2 Vs. X-H1 Size Comparison
- X-Processor Pro of Fujifilm X-T2 & Co
- Fujifilm X-H1 same battery of X-T2, the NP-W126S
- Fujifilm X-H1 same 3-Way Tilt Screen of X-T2 + Touch Function
- 5 Axis In Body Stabilization