Fujifilm X-H1 EVF
A trusted source just made us a slightly delayed but highly appreciated X-mas present.
Ready? Then enjoy this one :)
In continous shooting, the EVF black out time on the upcoming Fujifilm X-H1 will be much shorter than on the X-T2. Actually, it seems it will be basically black out free, hence getting closer to Sony A9 territory. At least to what belongs EVF black out.
Excited? Then make sure to join our Fujifilm X-H facebook group…
… where its almost 4,000 members already opened the new year champagne bottles after this rumor :)
Currently on the X-T2, at 5 frames per second, the black out time is 65% without grip and 57% with vertical booster grip.
Fujifilm might have suceeded in reducing the “image creation – black out (57%)” part even further, hence reducing black out.
Another topic is the electronic shutter, which currently on the X-T2 does not give you live view, but just previews of the images you just took. The issue in shooting CH is rolling shutter.
I will investigate this further, but it seems our sources are refering to the black out when using mechanical shutter. Hence no rolling shutter problem. But I will update you guys as soon as possible.
To my information, “No“, the Fujifilm X-H1 won’t have a stacked CMOS sensor like the Sony A9, but the same 24MP X-TransIII sensor of the Fujifilm X-T2 & Co. Hence, you won’t lose any dynamic range, which is a drawback of stacked sensors.
Kaizen Update Possible?
The Fujifilm X-H1 will not only have the same sensor, but also the same X processor Pro of the Fujifilm X-T2 & Co.
And I know what you think… and I’m with you guys! I really would like the improved black out time also for X-T2, X-Pro2, X-T20 and X-E3 via Kaizen Firmware update… as well as the new Eterna film simulation.
Sharing the same sensor/processor of X-T2, these Kaizen updates should be possible.
We are Going to Have Fun!
We are going to have fun :)
Full Rumored X-H1 Specs
- X-H1 will have IBIS and it will be 5 Axis In Body Stabilization
- IBIS will work with all Fujinon X-mount lenses
- IBIS Full sensor readout
- IBIS and OIS currently do not work together
- No sensor shift multishot
- There will be design changes over the X-T2, such as a better hand grip
- First Sketches of X-H1 – Front + Back + Top side Sketches
- The X-H1 will have the 24MP megapixel X-Trans III sensor
- Release first half of 2018 – Shipping in February
- Will cost around $2,000
- New Film simulation Eterna coming with X-H1
- No top LCD screen like GFX dial but
- X-Processor Pro of Fujifilm X-T2 & Co
- Fujifilm X-H1 same battery of X-T2, the NP-W126S
- Fujifilm X-H1 same 3-Way Tilt Screen of X-T2 + Touch Function
- Video Specs: 4K, 1.17x crop, 30p, 4:2:0 8 bit 200 Mbps
- Internal F-Log
- Headphone Jack in Body
- “4K Photo” feature is a Timelapse Feature
- EVF with 30%+ Higher Resolution than X-T2
- Much shorter EVF black out than X-T2, basically black out free
Accurate X-H1 Sketches and Renderings
Estimated X-T2 Vs. X-H1 Size Comparisons
Made by FR-readers at the X-H1 facebook group
Comaprison made by Craig at our Fujifilm X-H facebook group