There are some images of the Fujifilm X-H2 floating around on social media which are erroneously reported as the possibly first leaked images of the Fujifilm X-H2.
Well, here on FujiRumors we kept a cool head and did what we can do best: verify and check.
So it turns out that these are not leaked X-H2 images but renderings made by Fujifilm X shooter Steven.
And while not the real deal, Steven’s renderings could be a nice way to start a discussion on how we’d like the Fujifilm X-H2 to be in terms of handling and ergonomics.
Which design choices made by Steven do you particularly like? And what other suggestions do you have? Feel free to contribute down below in the comments.
Steven shared his renderings on his instagram here and writes:
How do you think Fujifilm X-H2 would look like?
I imagine it would be a crossover between X-T4 and GFX 100s. As a video-centric camera, being in a less retro form factor makes sense. Adding more dials and buttons will be awesome too.
Also, it’s my first foray into 3D hard surface modeling, so it’s been quite a rough but fun ride.
Since X-H2 is going to be more video-centric, I figured the record button should be prominent, coupled with more function buttons around it. Or is it too many?
That rounded concave thing? It’s meant to be a joystick, so you can move the focus area without touching the LCD nor using the back joystick. That way your right hand doesn’t have to change position while holding the camera.
It would be awesome to have a screen with similar articulation as X-T100. That way the distance between the sub-monitor and the LCD screen is not far. I’m not smart enough to figure out how it works practically, but a man can dream hehe.
As far as solid Fujifilm X-H2 rumor goes, you can find the updated list down below.
Fujifilm X-H2 Rumor Recap
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming with new 26MP sensor and new 40MP sensor
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
- the two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras will have two different sensors
- one X-H2 has 40 megapixel, the other has another megapixel number
- second Fujifilm X-H2 will have 26 megapixel
- announcement in May 2022