I have read speculation about Fujifilm not offering pixel shift on the Fujifilm X-T5 in order to differentiate it even further from the Fujifilm X-H2 and keep pushing sales of their higher end X-H line.
So I investigated and our sources would like to reassure us future X-T5 owners that these speculations are not accurate.
The Fujifilm X-T5 will offer pixel shift, hence it will have the capability to take 160 megapixel images. And of course this means also that the X-T5 has sensor shift stabilization (IBIS), which is needed for pixel shift.
Fujifilm X-T5 rumors recap:
- X-T5 announcement November 2
- shipping in November
- 40 megapixel sensor of X-H2
- no stacked 26MP version planed
- no vertical battery grip option at all
- 3 way tilt screen
- X-T5 body only to cost $1,699 and €1,999
- Movie/Stills switch (no metering mode switch like on X-T3)
- XF30mmF2.8 Macro Announcement November 2
- no 8K video
- black and silver version available
- “old” AF joystick design of X-T4
- X-T5 will be smaller than Fujifilm X-T4
- almost perfectly accurate X-T5 mock-ups (confirmation of manual MCS switch and D-Pad)
- dual SD-Card slot (no CFexpress option)
- X-T5 has IBIS and Pixel Shift
100% Fuji Colors Power
Rumors and Discussions