the updates for the X-E2, X-E1 and X100S will come DEC19, for the X-PRO1 DEC05
Yes! Fujifilm just announced, that a new firmware update for the X-E2, X100S, X-E1 and X-PRO1 will come. The update for the X-M1, X-A1, XF18mm and XF27mm is already available.
NOTE: If you have problems to see the new firmware then you probably have to clean the cache! The easiest way is described in Rico’s X-pert corner post “Tips for Updating your Firmware”: “just delete your browser cache or force your browser to reload and refresh the page by, for example, holding the Alt or Option key while clicking on Reload.”
You will find tips like this and much more in Rico’s new book “Mastering the Fujifilm X-E1 and X-Pro1 (use code FUJISAVES30 to save 30%!)
Patrick (facebook, google+ and twitter)
_ _ _
Let’s go with order. The firmware updates already available are the following:
X-M1 firmware: download here (ver.1.01).
X-A1 firmware: download here (ver.1.01).
- AF accuracy is optimized for still image.
- The phenomenon is fixed that a camera will automatically turn off during “Bulb (B)” shooting with the “CONTINUOUS” setting in “IMAGE DISP.”
XF18mm firmware: download here (ver.3.10).
XF27mm firmware: download here (ver.1.10)
- 1.Addition of compatibility with “Phase Detection AF” functions of FUJIFILM X-E2.
- 2.Addition of compatibility with “Lens Modulation Optimizer” functions of FUJIFILM X-E2.
_ _ _
Here is what we can expect in the next update on 19th December 2013 (Thu.) GMT 05:00 for the X-E2, X-E1 and X100S (press release). There will be another update, only for the X-PRO1, on the 5th December 2013 (Thu.) GMT 05:00 only for the X-PRO1 (press release here).
From the X-E2, X-E1 and X100S press release:
FUJIFILM X-E1 : Ver.2.10
FUJIFILM X100S : Ver.1.10
FUJIFILM X-E2 : Ver.1.10
[Contents of the firmware update]
For an overview of improvements to each model please refer to the list below.
<Updates now available for the X-E1, X100S and X-E2>
1. New fuctionality allowing you to edit image filenames
An image filename (DSCF***) is automatically allocated to each picture when shooting, this can now be changed to your filename of choice.* This added functionality is useful when organising the images after shooting, and sorting the images into groups.
2. Improvement of RAW file conversion function
- When developing RAF images in-camera using the built-in RAW file converter, the firmware upgrade improves the flow by taking you back to the original RAF image once the conversion has been done, whereas before it left you with the converted JPG file on screen and the user had to go back to the next RAF file manually.
<Updates available for the X-E1 and X100S>
3. See the exposure setting in live-view and histogram
- The images and histogram will reflect current exposure levels (with the shutter speed and aperture set during manual exposure also displayed on the image). In scenarios where the live view and the final shot will appear differently, eg: when using flash, this setting can be turned off.
4. Change of numbering for images shot using continuous shooting
- When shooting using continuous shooting, only the first image is currently displayed in full screen and subsequent frames are displayed in small on the bottom right, and the file number was set as “S+7-digit number”. With the new firmware, all frames in continuous shooting are displayed as full screen shots in playback. The file number has also been altered to follow numerically as per standard single shots, thereby allowing uniform management of images after shooting.
5. Aperture and shutter speed can be changed once AE lock is selected
- The aperture or shutter speed can be changed while maintaining exposure (EV value) with the AE lock button. The photographer has the ability to tweak settings down to the very last moment before shooting.
<Updates available for the X-E1>
6. The default and maximum sensitivity and minimum shutter speed can be set when ISO AUTO is selected
- When selecting “AUTO” in the ISO setting, users can also set standard ISO, Maximum ISO and a low-speed shutter limit. The Low-speed shutter limit has been extended to 1/500 seconds.
<Updates available for the X100S>
7. Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
- By maintaining the position of the bright frame with parallax compensation during AF lock, the shooting area can be checked even when letting go of the shutter release.
From the X-PRO1 press release
Improve the cover range and accuracy of the bright frame in the OVF
- The cover range of the bright frame displaying the shooting area in the optical viewfinder has been improved so that a field of view closer to the actual image can be checked. By maintaining the position of the bright frame with parallax compensation during AF lock, the shooting area can be checked even when letting go of the shutter release.
- click here to read more about this frimware udpate