the Fujifilm EF-42 is one of the Fuji flashes available at the market. More flash units are needed… and maybe coming within the next few months.
_ _ _
A couple of weeks ago, an anonymous source told us that Fuji plans to launch new flashes “later this year” (see this rumor). Well, today a new source confirmed the rumor, and said that a powerful flash with remote communication and HSS will be launched within the next few months.
Sure, it’s still all unconfirmed (ergo: grain of salt is needed), but the number of hints is growing. For now, the question is if the flash will be available by the end of this year or we have to wait until early 2015.
If there is anyone out there, who can confirm the flash rumor (and maybe also share some more specs), then feel free to contact me at fujirumor [at] gmail.com or completely anonymously via rumor box.
coming September 30, according to AmazonUS.
The Fujifilm X30 review is now online at photographyblog : 4.5 out of 5 stars for the X30. From the conclusions:
“The X30’s continued use of a relatively small 2/3-type sensor continues to deliver great image quality, but is starting to look a little under-powered when compared to the likes of the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 series and the Canon PowerShot G7 X with their 1-inch sensors and the Panasonic Lumix LX100 with its even bigger Micro Four Thirds sensor, especially when you consider that all of those cameras are smaller and lighter than the X30. Those rivals are all more expensive, though, so if you’re happy with the X30’s image quality, then we can certainly recommend it as a very well-built, refined and attractive camera that delivers the X-series DNA at an affordable price.”
It’s again the 23mm, it’s again cameraland, and it’s again $150 savings on it. There are 10 available at cameraland here (99,8% positive feedback). Comes with 1 year warranty.
XF LENS DEAL
– XF 14mm (save $100 – price $799): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama /
– XF 23mm (save $100 – price $799): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama /
– XF 35mm (save $100 – price $499): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama /
– XF 55-200 (save $100 – price $599): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama /
Mr. Toshihisa Iida
Dpreview published an interview with Mr. Toshihisa Iida, Senior Manager of Sales & Marketing in Fujifilm. And he gave us some glimpse into the future:
1) High res sensor coming in 2015? In terms of resolution, the lenses are so sharp, there’s scope for higher resolution to maximize the capabilities of the lenses. There’s some room for improvement on the High-ISO and speed aspects too.
2) Video on Fuji cameras: Video is getting more and more important.
3) No Full Frame: A full-frame camera would be bigger, more expensive and maybe slower too.
4) Fujifilm is Confident: Mr. Toshihisa Iida said: “Over the past few months I’ve been getting more confident“.
And Fuji seems to have no doubts about what to do: “To be honest we’re pretty clear about what we need to do, and I think we’re moving in the right direction.”
More at dpreview