HOW TO SUPPORT FUJIRUMORS
Do you wan’t to support my restless work on FR? Do it with no extra costs for you, by purchasing your lens (or anything else) using one of the links above. A small commission will be valued back to FR, and allow me to keep it running. Thanks a lot to those, who support Fujirumors this way.
_ _ _
Ok, don’t blame me for another fantastic review… I just report here on Fujirumors what reviewers/photographers all over the web think about this lens.
1) This time it’s photographyblog, that published its full XF50-140 review. “Stellar IQ, quick & quite AF […] with very little hunting even in low-light, fantastic sharpness, lovely bokeh“… these are the things they really love about “the best zoom lens that Fuji has produced so far.” (© Rico Pfirstinger. In case you missed it, read his First Look at the 50-140 f/2.8 here!”
At the end it gets 5 stars for its IQ, but overall “just” 4.5 stars. On the negative site:
– It’s the biggest and heaviest XF lens “although if you compare it [admin: camera + lens] to the Canon or Nikon equivalent, it’s about 40% lighter and smaller overall.”
– “the lens barrel is mainly made of high-grade plastics, rather than being metal – still, it does at least help to keep the weight down.”
– “The tripod mount is rather awkwardly attached to the lens via two smaller captive thumsbcrews – we say awkwardly, because while removing the mount was easy, it was incredibly difficult to re-attach it again“
Full Review at photographyblog
2) Fujifilm also updated the official XF 50-140 sample page with some action shots at a motorbike race shot by Jacky Ley. See the new samples here at Fuji’s site.