Sony Officially Shows New Medium Format Sensor Roadmap at CEBit… with 100MP BSI Sensor (for Fujifilm GFX 100s)
Mirrorlessrumors put an end to the doubt, if the recent video showing a 100MP and 150MP Back illumiated Medium Format sensor was just an April fool’s or not.
And it was not!
In an official PDF document of sony-semicon here, the company shows:
1) New 100MP 44x33mm Medium format Back Illuminated sensor would be announced in 2018 (for the kind of cameras like the Fuji GFX and X1D)
2) New 150MP 55x41mm Medium format Back Illuminated sensor would be announced in 2018 (for the kind of cameras like the Phase One 100XF).
3) New 150MP 55x41mm Medium format Back Illuminated monochrome sensor would be announced in 2018
The new sensor for the Fujifilm GFX 100S (the IMX461) will be ready for 2018, which doesn’t mean, though, that the GFX 100S will also come in 2018.
- 100% GFX News and Rumors at our Fujifilm GFX facebook page
- Join 10,500+ fellow GFX shooters and fans at the Fujifilm GFX facebook group
Fujifilm GFX 50s: USA BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS EU: CalumetDE, WexUK, ParkCamerasUK, PCHstore AUS: CameraPro