Long Time Sony Wedding Photographer Tries Fujifilm X-T3, Falls in Love, and Sells All his Sony Gear – Here is Why!
Leaving Sony for Fujifilm
Wedding photographer Javi Reyes left Sony for Fujifilm. In his case, he switched from Sony A7III to Fujifilm X-T3.
In a 23 minutes video he explains his switch. Here is why:
- he is still pretty shocked that he sold all of his Sony gear
- he basically only owned Sony since he started photography
- he was loyal to Sony, and over time got 7 different Sony cameras
- he started to get more interested in video. But he needed a hybrid camera
- at some point he wanted 4K/60 and 10bit
- he looked at the GH5. But autofocus was not good, that was the deal breaker
- he took a look into Fujifilm X-T3
- X-T3 shoots 4K/60, 10bit, F Log, lots of frame rate options
- X-T3 has big features for a good pricing point
- he kept his Sony A7III and added X-T3
- he started using X-T3 everywhere
- using both, he was starting to fall out of love with his Sony cameras, because it didn’t match the video specs of the X-T3
- he had no proper portrait lens for his Fujifilm system. He knew he just needs proper glass for that
- awesome autofocus on X-T3
- he can live with APS-C size sensor
- he sold one of his Sony’s, and bought another Fujifilm and put it on a rig
- despite initial struggles, at the end he didn’t regret selling his Sony
- Fujifilm battery life was OK. Only needed to change battery twice in a wedding
- once he started editing pictures, it was just so much easier editing the Fujifilm files and to get the desired colors
- he lost hope of Sony, also from the video side of things
- he honestly does not need full frame
- now he sold all his Sony cameras and lenses, and is Fujifilm only
- Fujifilm is developing new cameras at a good price point
Now it’s Sony time to move: invite this guy to some press event, let him ride on a Quad-bike over some sand dunes, offer a few nights in a high class hotel, and you might win him back ;).
Just kidding… but surely I think I can say that from the influencer marketing point of view, Sony is way ahead to Fujifilm.
- Support FujiRumors on Patreon
- Follow FujiRumors: Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Best Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX