When I shared the rumor that the Fujifilm X-T5 won’t be announced during the X Summit on September 8, there was understandably quite some disappointment and some of you guys waiting for the X-T5 seem to have mostly lost any interest in the September X Summit event.
And while I can relate to that (I am also much more interested about the X-T5 rather than the X-H2), you should keep in mind that while September 8th will be mainly an event for the Fujifilm X-H2, we will learn a lot also about the Fujifilm X-T5!
Well, because according to our information, Fujifilm will not offer any stacked sensor Fujifilm X-T5S, but they will offer a 40MP Fujifilm X-T5.
And since the Fujifilm X-T5 will share the same sensor and processor of the Fujifilm X-H2, the X-T5 will perform identically to the X-H2 in many crucial areas such as:
- same improved ISO performance (both will have the new lower base ISO)
- same dynamic range
- overall image quality will be identical
- X-H2 will tell us how well current lenses will work on the high resolution 40MP sensor also of X-T5
- Autofocus speed and accuracy of X-H2 and X-T5 will be identical
But of course, there will (or could) also be differences between X-H2 and X-T5:
Unclear at this point:
- it is unclear as of now if the X-T5 will have the same video features of the X-H2 (for example 8K video)
- it is unclear if the X-T5 will have the same continuous bursts speed of X-H2
- it is unclear if the X-T5 will have a selfie screen or change the screen design over X-H2
- and much more…
So even for people potentially interested in the Fujifilm X-T5, watching close at the performance of the Fujifilm X-H2 will be very important as it will unveil a lot about the performance of the X-T5 itself.
100% Fuji Colors Power
Rumors and Discussions