I can confirm it.
The Fujifilm GFX100 II will come with a new 100 megapixel sensor.
Now, in our previous rumors we told you it would be based on the sensor architecture of the Sony A6700/FX30 sensor. Hence a BSI sensor that is faster to read out than previous generation of BSI sensor (in use on X-T4, X-S20, GFX100S, GFX100 etc).
But now an anonymous source reached out to us and told us that the Fujifilm GFX100 II will use a different design compared to the A6700/FX30 sensor.
The source said that while the A6700/FX30 offers a 10-20% speed increase over the conventional BSI sensor, this new sensor in use on the GFX100 II will offer up to 50% increase in readout speed.
And just to be clear, we are not talking about a stacked sensor, but an improved BSI sensor, hence this also fits with the rumor we shared earlier.
Now, this information comes from an anonymous sources, so it has to be taken with a grain of salt.
In any case we can be sure that it is indeed a new sensor and we can expect overall speed improvements on the Fujifilm GFX100 II.
Then, how much faster it is to read out, we will find out on September 12.
Fujifilm X Summit September 12 at 5 AM New York Time
GFX100II Rumors & More
- Name = Fujifilm GFX100II
- Price: $7499
- announcement on September 12
- tilt & detachable EVF
- detachable battery grip
- GFX100II about the size of the GFX100S but with angled top plate
- 102MP BSI sensor (new version probably Sony A6700 sensor architecture)
– NOTE: anonymous source said it could be about 50% faster because not using the sensor architecture of Sony A6700, but a new one
- CFexpress Type B and SD-Cards
- 8K video, 4K/60p, 10 bit 4:2:2, ProRes Internal
- compatible with External Cooling Fan
- Extra Large and 9.44 m-Dot EVF
- latest subject tracking
- fastest AF of any GFX
- 8 Stops IBIS
- 3 way tilt screen
- Video touch-to-track Autofocus
- Waveforms Monitor
- Anamorphic Mode
- Coming with Reala film simulation
- GFX100 II first photo leaked?
NOTE: we confirm the leaked photo is real and that it has an angled top plate even if it does not look like it
- full size HDMI port
- 8 fps mechanical shutter
- Ethernet port
- no D-Pad
- GF55mmF1.7 and Tilt Shift 30mm + 110mm F5.6 coming September 12
Follow FujiRumors on
Fujifilm Facebook Groups