Fujinon APS-C vs Equivalent Full Frame Glass
Both Fujinon lenses are still smaller, lighter and cheaper than perfectly equivalent full frame glass, as you can see in this comparison, where we compare the Fujifilm XF200mm f/2 (with 1.4 TC) versus the Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L and the Fujinon XF8-16mm f/2.8 with the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM.
Check out the comparison here.
Price and size is one of the advantages of an APS-C system. For more advantages, read this article.
So, that was the fast glass.
But many people, who buy into an APS-C system, probably do it because they look for the best balance between size, weight, price and performance.
Lenses like the Fujinon XF 16mm f/2.8 (which will come soon) and the Fujinon XF 16-80mm f/4 (which will come later), perfectly fit into the philosophy of the “balance“. Great performance in a compact, flexible, portable and affordable package.
Good that Fujifilm is boosting up its lens production by 70%.
Fujinon XF 200mm f/2
- Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 Owners Manual
- fujirumors.com – Review of the Fujinon XF200mm f/2 for Motorsports Photography
- ephotozine – Fujinon XF200mmF2 review
- joengphotography – Fujinon XF200mm f2 lens at Work
- imaging-resource – Fujinon XF200mm Best Sports lens 2018
- instantart – Fujifilm X-H1 + VPB-XH1 & XF 200 F2.0 photographing Supercross
- Camera Exchange youtube – Fujinon XF200mm review
Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8
- Fujinon XF 8-16mm F2.8 Owners Manual
- phoblographer – Watch the Fujifilm 8-16mm f2.8 R LM WR Lens Survive a Heavy Rainstorm. Sony instead does a terrible job with weather sealing
- phoblographer – Fujinon XF 8-16mm Review
- dc.watch – 8-16mmF2.8／10-24mmF4／16-55mmF2
Gordon Laing – Fujinon XF8-16mmF2.8 Review
Andy Mumford – Fujifilm XF8-16mm f2.8 – A Practical Review
bigheadtaco – Fujinon XF8-16mmF2.8 Review