Fuji vs Sony
It looks like Sony raised the bar once again, when it comes to eye-AF and AF-tracking.
Tony Northrup compared the eye-AF of the brand new Sony A6400, with the one of the Fujifilm X-T3, Sony A6500, Sony A9 and Sony A7rIII. He moved very harshly and pushed the magic eye-AF algorithms of the different cameras to their limits. Here are his results.
- Fujifilm X-T3 – 24% in focus
- Sony a6500 – 37% in focus
- Sony a7RIII – 60% in focus
- Sony a6400 – 98% in focus
- Sony a9 – 100% in focus
Sony’s eye-AF also works from more distance to the subject than Fuji’s.
So, Fuji, time to work on the next Kaizen firmware update to catch up ;) .
- X-T3 body (save $100): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 w/18-55 (save $200): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
Our Owners Group
Our Facebook Page