According to our sources, the Fujifilm X-H1 will have the same X-Processor Pro of the Fujifilm X-T2.
This is great news for X-Pro2, X-T2, X-T20, X100F and X-E3 owners, as it gives us hope that “Eterna“, Fujifilm’s new film simulation, will come also to those cameras via Kaizen update.
Let me explain it…
but before that… our X-H group is exploding… you are welcome to join :)
Film Simulation Kaizen Update for X-T2 & Co?
Now, film simulations are a “processor thing“.
This means that cameras featuring an older processor will not support film simulations, that have been introduced in cameras with newer processors. So, for example, the Acros film simulation on the X-T2 & Co cameras with X-Processor Pro, will never be implemented on Fuji cameras with older and slower EXR processors like the X-T1.
But since the X-H1 features the same same X-Processor Pro of the X-T2 and friends, there is hope that “Eterna” will come also to older X-Processor Pro cameras.
Fujifilm X-H1 Rumored Specs
- Despite what Fujifilm managers said about X-mount not being compatible with IBIS, the X-H1 will have IBIS
- IBIS will work with all Fujinon X-mount lenses.
- As opposed to Olympus & Co, IBIS and OIS will not work together… at least currently that’s not possible. Maybe Fujifilm will tweak the firmware in future. But at launch I don’t expect IBIS and OIS to work together.
- Fujifilm’s IBIS solution will not allow the sensor shift multishot
- There will be design changes over the X-T2, such as a better hand grip
- The X-H1 will have the 24MP megapixel X-Trans III sensor
- The release is (currently) scheduled for the first half of 2018
- Shipping in February
- Will cost around $2,000
- New Film simulation Eterna is coming
- IBIS Full sensor readout
- Internal F-Log
- No top LCD screen like GFX dial but
- Fuji X-T2 Vs. X-H1 Size Comparison
- X-Processor Pro of Fujifilm X-T2 & Co