Focus On Glass: “Higher Megapixel Cameras May Come in Near Future and XF200mmF2 Will Satisfy Increased Resolution Requirement”
Focus on Glass
Fujifilm continues to launch dedicated “Focus On Glass” promo videos to their lenses, new and old ones.
- The Legendary Fujinon XF35mm f/1.4 Gets a Dedicated Promo Video 8 Years after its Release
- Focus On Glass: Fujinon XF 50-140mmF2.8 Even Better with Future X Bodies and Why no OIS on XF 16-55mmF2.8
- Focus On Glass: Fujinon XF 8-16mm F2.8 (no Cheating) and GF 30mm F3.5 Quick Development Insights
Today I’d like to highlight the one they released about the Fujinon XF200mm f/2 R LM OIS WR, a lens that belongs to the very best ones Fujifilm ever made, and is hard to beat in terms of IQ also by similar lenses of other brands. You do get what you pay for!
So how did Fujifilm achieve this tremendous image quality? In the Promo video, managers and engineers explain:
- Fujifilm wanted to make a true professional lens
- usually Fujifilm tries to find a balance between costs, size and performance, but this time they did the opposite.
- they ignored the size and price issue
- the goal was to make the best lens ever in terms of image quality and performance, by using all of Fujifilm’s latest technology
- The Fujinon XF200mmF2 is design with higher spatial frequency in order to achieve the same resolution as a full frame sensor on an APS-C sensor
- the only 300mm FF equivalent lens in the world that has such a high resolution at f/2
- takes very good pictures also in low light thanks to f/2 aperture and 5 stops OIS
- fluorine coating and weather resistant makes it great for outdoor shooting
- fast autofocus
- an engineer says that “I think that in the near future our cameras may have more megapixel and, if so, the XF200mmF2 will be able to satisfy the increased resolution requirement“
It’s clear that at some point in time Fujifilm will offer higher resolution cameras. What surprises me is that he hints one coming in “near future“. I guess it all comes down how one does define “near future“.
Now, I am currently so focused to bring you guys rumors about the Fujifilm GFX100S, Fujinon GF80mm f/1.7, Fujifilm X-E4, Fujinon XF27mm f/2.8 MK II, Fujinon XF70-300mm f/4-5.6 and the new Fujifilm Film Simulation, that I had hardly time to investigate rumors that go beyond that. And certainly I did not focus on new APS-C high resolution cameras, knowing that the X-E4 will feature the same 26MP sensor we find in the X-T4 and other cameras.
But given the statement of the Fujifilm engineer, I will now try to figure out for you guys what “near future” really means.
Stay tuned on FujiRumors for updates.
- Fujinon XF 200mm F2: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, Focuscamera
Follow FujiRumors on Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter