Focus On Glass: Fujinon XF 8-16mm F2.8 (no Cheating) and GF 30mm F3.5 Quick Development Insights
Fujifilm Spain has published very short videos about the Fujinon XF8-16mm F2.8 and the Fujinon GF30mm F3.5, that include some tidbits about its development, that I have extracted for you.
Both videos can be found below, along with a written summary.
- GF 30mm f/3.5 (in stock today!): BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama
- XF 8-16mm f/2.8: BHphoto / Adorama / AmazonUS / Focuscamera
XF 8-16mm F2.8 Video
- it was a challenge to achieve an angle of view of over 120 degrees at f/2.8 constant aperture
- when you first develop ultra wide angle lenses, you think about cheating its image quality [admin: I guess he means working too much with digital correction]
- Fujifilm did not want to “cheat” with the XF8-16mmF2.8, and wanted to achieve the best image resolution possible
- f/2.8 is important in low light, but you also get sharp images corner to corner
GF30mm F3.5 R WR Video
- Fujifilm is proud of its work with this lens
- no compromises at all
- you don’t feel like using a wide angle lens, as it has minimal aberration
- it’s a super wide angle lens without distortion
- Fujifilm wanted to create the lightest lens possible while maintaining the number glass elements and weather resistant construction
- Fujifilm has achieved high resolution with edge to edge sharpness in a compact size
From all I could see so far, the Fujinon GF 30mm f/3.5 (16mm APS-C quivalent) is just mind-blowing!
Follow FujiRumors on Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Top Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX