- Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 AF: AmazonUS, BHphoto, Adorama, eBay
- Viltrox 33mm f/1.4 AF: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, eBay
- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 AF: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
Did you listen to the 1 hour and 36 minutes long Fujifilm India live event with bad audio quality and half of it spoken in Hindi?
Probably not… but I did (you’re welcome) :).
And trust me, everything else they said, you know already (smaller IBIS, longer shutter life etc).
I don’t want to waste your precious time, so let’s get to the point of the only thing, that was new.
In fact, there was one thing said, 1+ hours into the talk, that I thought deserves a separate article. And it’s the only really new thing of all the event.
When the Fujifilm India product team was asked about the use of Fujifilm cameras as a webcam, one Fuji guy answered (I quote):
Live streaming is getting very popular and of course important during the COVID-19 situation. We all need a camera which you can just plug-and-play.
I can not say about it definitely, but I have heard from the developing team that we are developing something and they are soon going to release a firmware. There will be plug-and-play, and the X series camera will become like a webcam.
Yes, I have heard they are working on it, but I have no confirmation at this moment. But definitely they are doing something. Something is cooking.
Much more vague the answer if there will be Pro Res RAW for video via ATOMOS. Basically a “we know about this demand but we don’t know if it will come“.
Let’s hope that’s correct and more accurate than what another Fuji guy said during the same event, claiming that the X-T4 processor is improved over X-T3, so X-T4 is faster than X-T3.
How to run a Fujifilm camera as a webcam at this point in time?
Well there are two options:
- by using a capture card such as the very popilar Camlink 4K
- if you are looking for a free solution, then here is the instruction to run your Fujifilm camera as a webcam for free
Let’s cross fingers this firmware comes soon!
Oh… and namaste!
Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Our Facebook Pages
Fujifilm manager Toshihisa Iida introduced the Fujifilm X-T4 and teased the Fujinon XF50mm f/1.0 at a recent online 1 hour and 36 minutes event for Fujifilm India. Here is what he says:
- X-T4 has new and more accurate IBIS, bigger battery and new shutter mechanism
- Fujifilm colors are “memory colors” (more about it here)
- Fujifilm has a long history with lens development. It’s one of the only 2 companies in the world, that can develop broadcasting lenses
- he shows a early working prototype of the Fujinon XF50mm f/1.0 (image below), world first f/1.0 lens with autofocus
- Fujinon XF50mm f/1.0 will be launched this year
- Still balances well on the Fujifilm X-T4
The very long event continues with a live Q&A session with Fujifilm India Product Team. Bad audio, half of it in Hindi… it’s up to you ;).
- X-T4 in USA: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- X-T4 in EU: AmazonDE / CalumetDE / WexUK / ParkcamerasUK / JessopsUK / AmazonUK / PCHstore
- BC-W235 Dual Battery Charger: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- NP-W235 Battery: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- X-T4 Vertical Grip: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
Samyang officially announced the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 MK II and the Samyang 85mm f/1.4 MK II.
Here are some of the new features:
- New Weather Sealing
- Updated Design
- Focus Lock Function
- New De-Click Feature for Filming
Both lenses will be available soon at:
- Samyang 14mm f/2.8 MK II: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Samyang 85mm f/1.4 MK II: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- GFX 50R (save $1,000): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 50mm F3.5 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- XF 200mm F2 (save $1,000): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, Focuscamera
- XF 8-16mm F2.8 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, Focuscamera
- XF 16-55mmF2.8 WR (save $300): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- XF 50-140mmF2.8 OIS WR (save $300): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- XF 100-400mmF4.5-5.6 OIS WR (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- MKX 18-55mm T2.9 (save $1,000): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, FocusCamera
- MKX 50-135mm T2.9 (save $1,000): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, FocusCamera
- X-T3 body (save $300): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 + XF16-80 (save $300): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 + XF18-55 (save $300): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-E3 body or + 18-55 or + 23/2 (save $200): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
- X-T200 or + XC15-45 (save 100 + Free Luminar 4): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-A7 + XC15-45 (save $200): B&H Photo, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera