Fujifilm China has apparently given a warm welcome to the 100 megapixel Xiaomi CC9 Pro (or Xiaomi Mi Note 10), which features a 108 megapixel camera.
[google translated] 100 million pixels: Welcome new members!
And in the comments Fujifilm China say:
Encourage Xiaomi’s innovation for mobile phones
The image shared at the official Fujifilm China weibo page, shows a little box inside the massive Fujifilm GFX100 sensor, which has the size of the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 sensor.
Now why should Fujifilm do this? Here a few options:
- sympathy: they simply welcome another 100 megapixel camera
- mockery: they make fun out of of the small sensor (that would be such a bad taste)
- conspiracy: they hint to some secret future Fujifilm development
- proudly: Fujifilm co-develops the sensor inside the Xiamo Mi Note 10
- randomly: that little box and the whole post of Fujifilm mean nothing
I think we can agree that there is nothing more fun than a conspiracy theory, so I will focus on that one :).
The (Super-Short) Story
A FR-reader shared with FujiRumors some flyers about the upcoming Viltrox lenses:
- Viltrox 23mm f/1.4
- Viltrox 33mm f/1.4
- Viltrox 56mm f/1.4
The flyers give a few more details to the ones already shared in this article as well as some correction (for example a slight weight increase in some cases and lens elements design changes for the 23mm f/1.4).
In the meantime, the Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 autofocus lens for Fujifilm X is a best seller and so far the feedback is definitely very positive. It’s not a Fujinon, but it’s also so much cheaper, that you definitely get great performance for little price.
Down below all the new details about the upcoming lenses.
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Best Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX
Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 specs
Documentary Wedding Photography
Hello all and thank you Patrick for hosting me on your very popular Fuji Rumors website, my personal site of reference for all things Fuji.
My name is Andrea Bagnasco and I’m a professional wedding photographer based in Italy. I work in a documentary style and have been shooting weddings for a living for the past 12 years of my life. I won’t take anymore room on this post to write about me as there’s already a lot of information on myself and my work on the web. So please visit my website (link to the English version) https://www.andreabagnasco.it/en/ and follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/andreabagnasco/. A heartfelt thanks in advance and I very much look forward to that!
Fuji X system and documentary photography
And despite the frankly superior specs of the Fujifilm GFX100, still today, if I should pick one, I’d go all in with the Fujifilm GFX50R. That one, combined with the Fujinon GF50mm f/3.5, and I have a powerhouse version of my much beloved Fujifilm X-E3 with XF27mm (+beer ;) ) combo.
Believe me, there isn’t a day, that I am not tempted to get it. But for me, making this step, would mean go all in with the GFX system (and leaving the X system), and given the great results I get with my X gear, I am not yet ready for such a big jump (and investment).
- Fujifilm GFX 100: B&H Photo, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Fujifilm GFX 50R (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- Fujifilm GFX 50S (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- Fujinon GF 50mm F3.5: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
The GFX Community