And despite the frankly superior specs of the Fujifilm GFX100, still today, if I should pick one, I’d go all in with the Fujifilm GFX50R. That one, combined with the Fujinon GF50mm f/3.5, and I have a powerhouse version of my much beloved Fujifilm X-E3 with XF27mm (+beer ;) ) combo.
Believe me, there isn’t a day, that I am not tempted to get it. But for me, making this step, would mean go all in with the GFX system (and leaving the X system), and given the great results I get with my X gear, I am not yet ready for such a big jump (and investment).
- Fujifilm GFX 100: B&H Photo, AmazonUS, Adorama
- Fujifilm GFX 50R (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- Fujifilm GFX 50S (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- Fujinon GF 50mm F3.5: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
The GFX Community
The GFX Roundup
Let’s start the roundup with the story of Jack Dykinga’s Fujifilm GFX50S, which had a rough adventure while hiking through the desert.
the camera and a 23mm lens shot off my lap and into the abyss. […] a fifteen-foot fall into a veritable stone canyon […] Both the battery compartment and the card slots were open and compromised with grit.
The magic moment occurred late that evening when I re-inserted the battery and fired up the camera. Just like Frankenstein, “IT WAS ALIVE!”
Furthermore, the next two week’s shooting produced some of my best images ever. The Fujifilm GFX 50S is one very strong tank of a camera! It’s my amazing new landscape camera.
You can read the full story at photographylife here. And of course we have much more down below.
Fujifilm GFX 50R / 50S
- josejeuland – Kumbh Mela 2019 – India / GFX50R
- josejeuland – VIP Opening Launch of Longevity Okinawa Photography Exhibition (the huge prints you see are printed from GFX 50R files)
- josejeuland – Travel and Documentary Photography of The Autonomous Region of Tibet
- measuringlight – Fujifilm GFX50R Review
- williamchua – GFX50S + GF110 in Croatia and Bosnia
- mediumformat – MF REVIEW: Fujinon GF 50mm F3.5 lens
- imaging-resource – Fujinon GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR Field Test: A compact and impressive GFX prime lens
- fcracer – Fujinon GF50 Review
- phoblographer – Review: Fujifilm GF 50mm F3.5 R LM WR (The Perfect Walk Around Lens)
- fstoppers – Fotodiox Pro Nikon F to Fujifilm GFX Lens Mount Adapter
- hoppmann (German version) – Field test experience with GF110mm F2, GF120mm F4 and GF100-200mm F5.6
- fcracer – Fujinon GF110 vs GF100-200
Third party/adapted lenses on GFX
- Fujifilm GFX 50R (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS,
- Fujifilm GFX 50S (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama,
- GF 23mm F4 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- GF 45mmF2.8 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 63mmF2.8 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 110mm F2 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- GF 120mmF4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 250mm F4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 32-64mmF4 (save $500): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
- GF 100-200mm f/5.6 (save $500): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
GFX Camera and Lens Related Videos
Shot on X-T2 + GFX 50R
gavinlyons – Gesäuse National Park, Austria with the Fujifilm GFX with 32-64mm