Mapcamera interviewed one of Japanese top managers Mr. Takashi Ueno. They talk about Fujifilm X-T4.
The interview is quite long and in Japanese, so for your convenience I have summed it up all in English down below.
And just in case it was needed, he confirms that there will be a Fujifilm X-H2, as FujiRumors always told you and never doubted for a second, even when the whole universe was saying differently.
In fact, I tell you this: at no point in time, Fujifilm ever considered stopping the X-H line. The line they canceled is another one, and we told you here.
The only thing: the Fujifilm X-H2 is still very far away.
Trust me guys… I know what I talk about, and if you want to be the first to know and be guided accurately through the Fujifilm world, all you need to do is to follow FujiRumors.
In fact, I am working on further explosive rumors. Some will totally surprise you, others will probably disappoint you. When time has come, when things are double checked, when green light is given, you will get it all!
And now… the interview.
Fujifilm Manager Interview
DPReview published a list of 5 reason, why Fujifilm won’t make a full frame X100 camera.
- A larger sensor would add size and weight, mitigating a major X100 selling point
- Such a product would cost a lot to develop and manufacture
- The result would be a very expensive camera – reducing its potential audience
- A move to full-frame would annoy and worry existing loyal Fujifilm APS-C customers. Also, if Fujifilm announces any full frame camera, could look like a massive vote of no confidence in APS-C
- The risk of cannibalization within existing lineups is too great
And what about a medium format X100 then? DPR writes:
So might Fujifilm build a medium-format X100? There’s an argument to be made that it makes sense in a way that full-frame just doesn’t. Medium format would offer an increase in potential image quality over full-frame (albeit relatively modest – about 2/3EV), a significant leap in image quality over APS-C, it’s a major part of Fujifilm’s brand identity, and the larger format is a key differentiator for Fujifilm compared to competitive manufacturers.
Well, I won’t enter the argument about the “relatively modest” advantage of the Fujifilm GFX over full frame. This is a thesis DPR started pushing back in 2017, and FujiRumors comprehensively answered it in the article “DPReview Recommends 3 Full Frame Cameras Combined over 1 Fujifilm GFX“. Also, in the meantime something called Fujifilm GFX100 hit the market, with the newest sensor technology.
For the rest, the whole 5 reason list makes sense. Check out the full in-depth article at dpreview.
And one could also add one more ;)
- full frame offers a “relatively modest” advantage over APS-C, and also has a couple of disadvantages over APS-C, that you can read here
Popular photography industry insiders, claimed that APS-C is the actual sensor size sweet spot. Keep in mind, they said “sweet spot“, not “automatically the best tool for everybody“.
- Fujifilm X100V: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- Fujifilm X-T4: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Our Facebook Pages
Fujifilm has disclosed the full list of lenses that will get up to 6.5 stops on thanks to the Fujifilm X-T4 IBIS. You can see the comparison table below.
You will also find a picture of the X-H1 and X-T4 IBIS unit side by side.
As a little bonus, go to minute 1:46 of the video below, to see the pre-production IBIS of the X-T4 compared to the one of the Sony A7III and the X-T4 used on a gimbal.
And there is one more video comparison below, that starts from 4:37.
Of course the gimbal wins. When it comes the to the Sony A7RIII vs Fujifilm X-T4 comparison, the Fujifilm X-T4 is clearly superior, but we know that from the X-H1 already.
- Fuji X-T4 in USA: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- Fuji X-T4 in EU: AmazonDE / CalumetDE / WexUK / ParkcamerasUK / JessopsUK / AmazonUK / PCHstore
- BC-W235 Dual Battery Charger: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- NP-W235 Battery: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- Vertical Grip: BHphoto / Adorama / Focuscamera