We have already leaked product images and sample images of the upcoming Irix f/1.4 lens for the Fujifilm GFX system.
Today, exclusively here on FujiRumors, we have more information for you:
- 102 megapixel resolution ready
- Durable construction (and weather sealed)
- Painterly depth of field
- Smooth focus ring for silent shooting
The GFX Community
Ok guys, let’s narrow the range of our imagination, and describe a bit closer the Fujifilm GFX100S.
According to our information, you can imagine Fujifilm GFX100S like this:
- no GFX50S humpback (if you don’t know what I mean, check out this image)
- Top plate has only one dial on the top left side: a PSAM dial
- no D-Pad
- has joystick
- Top LCD
- Fixed viewfinder (not removable like on GFX100S and GFX50S, where it also can tilt thanks to the EVF tilt adapter)
Let’s add the information we already shared:
- Name: Fujifilm GFX100S
- A bit smaller than the Fujifilm GFX50S
- 102 MP medium format Bayer sensor
- backside illuminated sensor with full phase detection pixels coverage
- 3 Way Tilt screen
- it has IBIS
- a bit smaller than Fujifilm GFX50S
- coming January 27
- price: $5,999
So, the Fujifilm GFX100S will be the first GFX camera with a PSAM dial.
And I get it: the almost totality of the market wants a PSAM dial. And if Fujifilm wants to attack the high end full frame market, then they simply have no other choice than to offer a GFX camera with PSAM dial. It will help the GFX system to get more popular.
And you know what?
Sure, I still would have preferred retro dials, but a PSAM dial is still better than the solution the GFX100 adopted, which was the first and only Fujifilm I ever used, that I struggled to operate out of the box.
So, mixed feelings here. But overall I prefer a PSAM dial over the solution adopted on the original GFX100.
I don’t why, but this morning my inbox was bombarded by people asking me the same question: will the Fujifilm GFX100S really have a fully articulating screen?
So let me adress this now: No, it won’t!
The Fujifilm GFX100S will have a 3-way tilt screen like the one on the Fujifilm X-T3.
Some Vloggers will still complaint in their first looks on January 27 that they can’t shoot medium format handheld selfie videos, but I guess most of the other medium format shooters will be just fine with this solution ;).
- Fujifilm GFX 100: B&H Photo, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- Fujifilm GFX 50S: BHphoto, Adorama
- Fujifilm GFX 50R: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS
Yes, I know. A mysterious FF200003 camera registrations has been spotted and is said to be announced on January 29.
But trust me, nothing will happen on January 29.
What you want to do, is to tune in on January 27, because that’s when Fujifilm will have a huge announcement day.
And don’t expect “just” one camera, the FF200003 to be announced.
In fact, I hear we could get all this on that single day:
- Fujifilm GFX100S
- Fujinon GF80mmF1.7
- Fujifilm X-E4
- Fujinon XF27mmF2.8 MKII
- Fujinon XF70-300mmF4-5.6
- New Fujifilm Film simulation
I will continue to check the list, and I will let you know in case there is something to add or remove to it. Until then, take that as the “official” FujiRumors announcement list.
Anyone out there, who had a new years resolution to resist better to GAS in 2021? Well, on January 27 you’ll be seriously tested :D.
As always, if you liked months of breaking and exclusive rumors, then feel free to join us here on FujiRumors on January 27 for an epic live blogging.
Join Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-S User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Join Our Facebook Pages