I went up high with family and friends to grab some fresh Alpin air and charge my batteries ahead of the Fujifilm X Summit on May 24.
And as you can see in the video, the view was just as epic as the upcoming Fujifilm event ;).
But despite the good company on the beautiful lake on a Sunday afternoon, the Fujifilm X Summit on May 24 at 5AM New York time is coming closer, so a wrap up urgently needed.
That’s why I “abandoned” friends and family for a while to talk to you and give you a recap of everything we will get for sure on May 24, but also talk about what could come based on official Fujifilm teasers as well as throw in also some of my hopes.
FACT (actually rumors, but thanks to our sources rumors are basically facts ;))
- Fujifilm X-S20
– Announcement May 24 at 5AM New York Time
– 26MP X-Trans IV
– NP-W235 Battery
– Fujifilm X-S20 Coming with Smarter Subject Tracking than X-T5, X-H2 and X-H2S (Automatic Subject Detection)
– 6K/30p and 4K/60p
– X-Processor 5
– VLOG printed on mode dial
– First Leaked Image
– price: $1,299
– compatible with FAN-001 Cooling Fan
- Fujinon XF8mmF3.5
– price $799
– leaked images
- Fujifilm X-App
– I am not kidding guys, it is finally coming
Back in January, after launching the huge firmware 3.00 update for the Fujifilm X-H2S, Fujifilm promised major firmware updates also for the Fujifilm X-H2 and X-T5. I don’t have any rumors about it, but as an X-T5 owner myself, I can’t wait for that firmware to drop so I cross fingers it will happen on May 24.
WISHES (some based on RUMORS)
- More Firmware: Since we just talked about firmware, I hope (not rumor, just hope) that also other cameras will get firmware updates that go beyond the “fix of minor bugs”.
- new film simulation: usually with the introduction of new sensor and processors, Fujifilm also launched new film simulations. But this did not happen with the X-H2s, X-H2 and X-T5. Again, I have no rumors, but I hope Fujifilm will give us one on the X-S20
- richer lens roadmaps: if you take a look at the latest X mount roadmap and GF mount roadmap, they are very poor on future lenses. And in fact, after the XF8mmF3.5 announcement, the X Roadmap will contain no more lenses. So I hope Fujifilm will release new roadmaps for both systems.
- Mock-ups: what Fujifilm likes to do is to show mock-ups of upcoming lenses (and in some cases also lenses that were never on any roadmap). So I hope they will show us the some mock-ups of future lenses
- Development or Surprise Announcement: Sometimes Fujifilm also makes development announcements during X summits (for example X-Pro3). Now, FR readers know Fujifilm is working on the Fujifilm GFX100 replacement. So I hope that that one will be announced on May 24 or at least there will be a development announcement
So that’s it. Let me know what your wishes are for the upcoming X Summit.
See you all here on FujiRumors on May 24 where I will live stream the event and cover everything.
Fujifilm Facebook Groups