I know many of you will be skeptical right now.
Well, because here is how things went so far:
- Fujifilm GFX50S – launched in 2017
- Fujifilm GFX50R – launched in 2018
- Fujifilm GFX100 – launched in 2019
- no camera launched in 2020 – just as we told you on January 10, 2020
So, in 4 years of GFX series, we got 3 cameras only, hence less than one camera a year.
Fujifilm rightfully focused on giving us lenses for the system, with 12 G mount lenses launched in 4 years.
But according to our trusted sources, this will change in 2021.
In fact, I have been told that Fujifilm will launch another GFX camera in 2021. It will be more affordable than the recently launched Fujifilm GFX100S.
- Fujifilm GFX100S: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- Fujinon GF80mmF1.7: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
P.S.: Don’t worry, this new GFX camera won’t use the newly registered low capacity Fujifilm NP-70S battery. That battery is for… oh well, you’ll see soon enough. Just follow FujiRumors ;)