Fujifilm NP-W126S Battery Counterfeits
Let’s talk about counterfeits, an age-old problem, as also the recent fake SanDisk SD-cards scandal at AmazonUS shows.
Now, there will always be those, who make a cheap imitations trying to suck a few dollars from your pockets. So we better learn to recognize fakes.
In the Fujifilm world, one of the counterfeit products you might encounter are fake Fujifilm NP-W126S batteries.
Counterfeit batteries sell like hot cakes on the web, and this is a big problem, since people might buy what they think to be original Fujifilm batteries, and then experience a lower battery life than expected (or even worse issues).
In order to help us to recognize them, Fujifilm X Shooter Dom Varney has published a very comprehensive and detailed visual guide on how to spot counterfeit Fujifilm NP-W126S batteries on his blog domvarney here.
He analyzes, packaging, printing on the battery, electrical contacts, surface topography, battery weight and much more.
In general I’d say: if the price is too good to be true, it probably ain’t true.
With all that said, unless you need the Fujifilm NP-W126″S” version, there are some very efficient third-party batteries for Fujifilm out there. Check our recap:
- fujirumors.com – TESTED: Third Party Fuji Batteries? “Inflated capacity values. Some batteries almost Fraud!”… and the Winner is…?
- fujirumors.com – 13 Different Batteries for Fujifilm Compared
- fujirumors.com – Fujifilm NP-W126 Vs. Third Party Batteries compared
- fujirumors.com – Practical Nitecore dual travel battery charger for Fujifilm. One of top 5 sellings products on Fujirumors in 2018. Check out our 2018 top sellers here.
- fujirumors.com – JJC is offering a practical (and cheap) dual USB battery charger for Fujifilm NP-W126/S batteries
We have a talk about fake batteries also on our Fujifilm X-H group here.
As note by Dom in his guide, some eBay sellers mark batteries as “NP-W126S battery for Fujifilm X-T2” instead of “FUJIFILM NP-W126S battery for Fujifilm X-T2” and only hidden in the product description you can read “unbranded“.
In my quick search, I have found sellers, who, under “brand” write “Fujifilm“, but scrolling further down I noticed “Note that this battery is not compatible with the XH-1 Camera“. So how can a Fujifilm branded battery not be compatible with the Fujifilm X-H1? One trick they use: call it “genuine” and not “original“.