Fujifilm just confirmed that there is an issue with IBIS on the Fujifilm X-H1 when used with the brand new Fujinon XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R L LM R WR.
They issued an official note that you can read below, promising a firmware update to fix it shortly.
FujiRumors will notify instantly as soon as the new firmware is online for you to download.
- Fujifilm X-H1: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- XF 70-300mmF4-5.6: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
Official Fujifilm Note
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for Fujifilm X-T3 and X-H1.
The new Fujifilm X-T3 firmware will make lots of X-T3 shooters happy today :).
Firmware Download links + Details
I already said it in my X-S10, Attack on Sony article: the Fujifilm X-S10 makes a whole lot of sense.
And yet, I do understand one of the critiques made to Fujifilm: their line-up is huge and potentially confusing.
There are indeed some lines, that in some occasions do not not differentiated themselves enough from each other.
But this is an issue Fujifilm realized and I feel that they are taking care of it, for example:
- the Fujifilm X-Pro3 is a unique machine, with a concept, so far nowhere to find
- Fujifilm is aware that the the Fujifilm X-H2 must differentiate stronger from the X-T* line in order to continue to evolve separately
Fujifilm understands the problem and is finding ways to separate the lines better.
And yet… there are some lines that should be dropped, in my opinion.
Let’s take a look it at, by using an official Fujifilm media sheet that has been sent to me, which shows a pyramid with all Fujifilm X series cameras listed and ordered by Fujifilm itself.
The Red Zone
The Fujifilm X-S10 features a brand new IBIS unit.
- it’s 30% smaller than then one on the Fujifilm X-T4
- it’s half a stop less effective than the Fujifilm X-T4 IBIS (up to 6 stops instead of up to 6.5 stops)
You can see the IBIS unit of X-S10 side by side with the one of X-T4 and X-H1 in this article.
But which Fujinon X mount lens gets how much stabilization on the X-S10? Well, you can see the answer in the chart above.
Also, the IBIS data above gives you a side by side comparison between X-S10, X-T4 and X-H1.
To sum it quickly up:
- 22 Fujinon lenses work best with X-T4
XF10-24 MK I – XF10-24 MK II – XC15-45 – XC16-50 MK II – XF18-55 – XF14 – XF16/1.4 – XF16/2.8 – XF18 – XF23/1.4 – XF23/2 – XF27 – XF35/1.4 – XF35/2 – XC35/2 – XF50-140 – XF50/1 – XF50/2 – XF56 – XF56APD – XF60 – XF8-16
- 7 Fujinon lenses work best with X-T4 and X-S10
XF18-135 – XC50-230 – XF55-200 – XF100-400 – XF200 – XF90 – XF16-55
- 2 Fujinon lenses work equally well on X-S10, X-T4 and X-H1
XF80mmF2.8 – XF16-80
Remember: Fujifilm declared downsizing IBIS one of the top priorities. And so far it seems they are proceeding pretty fast.
- Fujifilm X-S10: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Moment, Focuscamera
- XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Moment, Focuscamera