Photons to Photos added the Fujifilm X-Pro3 to their database, and you can now compare it to all other cameras in their database.
So has it better dynamic range?
Bill Claff explains:
The X-Pro3 appears to have improved PDR but it is an illusion.
It’s well known that Fuji implements the ISO setting in an unusual way.
In this case they have given ISO 320 to ISO 12800 an addition 1 stop boost.
Fuji uses a proprietary Exif tag called “Raw Exposure Bias” to indicate how much they have shifted the raw data from “standard”.
Adjusted in Excel for Raw Exposure Bias we see that the X-Pro3 and X-T3 are essentially identical. (They shift to dual conversion gain at a slightly different point).
- Fujifilm X-Pro3: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, FocusCamera
- Fujifilm X-T3: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- Fujifilm X-T30: BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
Don’t forget to…
- Support FujiRumors on Patreon
- Follow FujiRumors: Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Best Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX