For both EF/FX and EF/GFX, followings were updated:
Nikon F to Fujifilm X Smart Adapter
Steelsring is about to release their Nikon F to Fujifilm GFX mount smart adapter. You can see the latest protoype in the image above. On their website here, they write:
- Support Nikon AF-S G and E type lens, and AF-P G type lens contrast based AF in GFX 50s body.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm of type E Lens can be controlled by GFX 50s body, allows AF in full open ( decided by camera body ) and step down for exposure.
- Diaphragm of G type lens was manually controlled by aperture ring of adapter in real-time, so AF is conducted in real effective aperture as exposure. AF performance may be bad in low light/contrast, benefits are 1) Real aperture priority, 2) and totally no noise of consistent IRIS moving.
- Full EXIF info recording. ( For G type lens, only the current max open aperture was displayed and recorded, no way to adjust it ).
- Lens VR was support and effective on demand.
FX mount version adapter is in design phase, maybe with better performance of PDAF and auto aperture control version for your choice.
Support to AF-D type lens will be very limited, EXIF may works, but no AF absolutely.
Steelsring has a new firmware for the EF-FX and EF-GFX adapters.
- Lens Image Stabilizer activation mode change: From always on after camera powered on to effective only when shutter button was half pressed and camera exposing.
- Solved the problem that sometimes lens was identified as wrong lens.
- Improve AF accuracy for all lenses, and AF speed for Canon EF 100-400 lenses
- Disable lens parking in infinity end if an AF lens is set to MF mode during picture reviewing or camera powered off.
Additionally for EF/FX only:
- PDAF performace update for: EF 35mm f/1.4L II, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 50mm f/1.4, EF 85mm f/1.2L II
Details of the updates and download links here.
Here is the full list of available or soon to come smart adapter for Fujifilm X and GFX.