The maker of the new Steelsring smart adapters for C645 and EF lenses adapter wrote a little guest article for FujiRumors, which I’m happy to share with all of you today.
And for fast, reliable, and 100% GFX news and rumors follow the Fujifilm GFX facebook page.
guest post by Steel
I am happy to announce the success of development of Steelsring smart adapters for C645 and EF lenses to GFX camera body. It is in production now, and will be available for sales in September, it will be reasonably priced, to be announced later.
Demo videos on youtube here: https://youtu.be/MYIBBUlqH4o.
These two adapters feature:
- Automatic lenses identification, includes all C645 lens, and theoretically all EF lens (but only Canon and Sigma lens will be tested).
- Accurate lens params (Lens type, name, focal length, zooming info, aperture, etc ) passing to GFX and EXIF recording. So you can use the right info for exposure, and know pictures took by which lens and in what params.
- Fast/accurate AF, comparable to FUJI GF native lenses. AF faster than CDAF mode of Sony E cameras. AF is not possible for C645 120 f/4 MACRO and EF brand MF lenses.
- Aperture control through camera body, works with all C645 lenses ( Can switch to Lens Aperture Ring control too ) and EF lenses.
- Image stablization activation/deactivation for EF lenses with IS, controllable from GFX body.
- Plug and play. You just use it as usual, no extra equipment/setup are needed. Mount your lens on the adapter, put the adapter on the camera, turn the camera power on, then you are good to go.
- USB socket for self-firmware upgrade.
All above features were implemented and tested already. When sales begining, C645/GFX adapter will be tuned against all C645 lenses including Mutar 1.4x. Not all EF lenses will be tuned into the EF/GFX first firmware release, but it’s upgradable.
Currently tested EF lenses are quite limited,
EF 135 f/2L, EF 24-105 f/4 L I,EF 17-40 f/4 L, EF 35 f/1.4 L I, EF-S 18-55 II, Canon EF TS-E 17 f/4L, Canon EF TS-E 24 f/3.5 II, Canon EF 100 f/2.8 Macro IS II and Sigma 135 f/1.8 art, Sigma 35 f/1.4 ART, Sigma 50 f/1.4 ART .
Anyone who is interested in my adapters, could always get the latest status update from https://www.facebook.com/Steelsring/
Steel ( Steelchn@gmail.com )
Steelsring videos on youtube
C645 Tessar 350 f/4.0 AF demo with Steelsring C645/GX Smart Adapter