Fujifilm Recommended CFexpress Type B Cards: Why These Four Cards are BEST and Which Ones You Should NOT Use
With the release of the Fujifilm X-H2S and hence Fujifilm’s first digital camera to take CFexpress cards, Fujifilm has updated its list of officially recommended cards to store your files.
Now, all the cards listed below are recommended.
But attention, not all CFexpress Cards are made equal.
- Some CFexpress Type B Cards can’t record 6K/4K
- Some can record 6K/4K but not in ProRes
- Some can record all video formats, but when used for bursts don’t last as long as others
- Only 4 Card Models can do it all and can do it best
Also, CFexpress Cards not listed here are not properly tested by Fujifilm. This means they could perform very well, too. But they could also have a negative impact on the performance of the camera (or even don’t work with certain features).
This is important to know, as I have already seen reviewers using the Pergear CFExpress Type B card in their X-H2S first looks. Whatever those reviewers say in terms of performance, please take it with a grain of salt, as they use cards that are not on Fuji’s list.
If you treat yourself with a Fujifilm X-H2s, please stick to the recommended CFexpress Type B cards (and also UHS-II cards) listed below.
CFexpress Cards – Official Fujifilm Recommended
- Delkin Black
- Delkin Power
- ProGrade Cobalt 1700R
- ProGrade GOLD 1700R
- SanDisk Exterme Pro
- Sony Tough
- Suneast Ultimate Pro
- Lexar Gold
- Lexar Diamond
Out of all the cards mentioned above, the four cards without any compromise in performance are:
- Delkin Black – from 64GB to 650GB
- ProGrade Cobalt 1700R – from 325GB to 650GB
- Lexar Gold – from 128GB to 512GB
- Lexar Diamond – from 128GB to 256GB
In order for you to get the complete overview, I have added the full detailed chart at the bottom of this article (also for UHS-II cards).
UHS-II Cards – Official Fujifilm Recommended
- Delkin Black V90
- Delkin Power V90
- Lexar 1667xSilver
- Lexar 1800xGold
- ProGrade Cobalt 300R V90
- ProGrade Gold 250R V60
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 300 V90
- Sony SF-E V60
- Sony TOUGH SF-G V90
- Suneast Ultimate Pro V90
Latest and Greatest Gear
- Fujifilm X-H2S: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera
- Fujinon XF150-600mm f/5.6-8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera
- Fujinon XF18-120mm f/4: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera