Decrypting Fujifilm Manager Statement: “No other Camera Platform more Suitable to Have both 5th Gen Sensors than X-H Series”
I’ve re-watched the Fujifilm X Summit, and right at the end I noticed a sentence that I think we have to investigate further what it could mean.
When talking about the two new 5th generation X-Trans sensors, the 26MP stacked sensor and the 40MP non-stacked sensor, that will both be featured into the X-H line, the manager says:
and there is no other camera platform more suitable to have them both than the ‘X-H” Series
I did try to wrap my head around this sentence to try to get what he really meant. I see the following options:
- It means that only the X-H line will offer both 5th generation sensor options as other platforms are not so suitable “to have them both“. As a consequence to this, all other camera lines will get either one or the other sensor (but not both)
- It means that since the X-H line is the most suitable of all, it will be the first line to get both 5th generation sensors, and other camera lines that might eventually also feature both options will come only after the Fujifilm X-H2S and Fujifilm X-H2
What do you think is the most appropriate interpretation of this sentence? Feel free to vote the survey down below.
- Fujifilm X-H2S: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera
- Fujinon XF150-600mm f/5.6-8: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera
- Fujinon XF18-120mm f/4: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Moment / Focuscamera