Foto EmaTV had an 1+ hour long skype interview with Italian Fujifilm manager Riccardo Scotti. They talk about the Fujifilm X-T4.
Lucky you that I speak Italian, so down below is a summary.
Most important: he can’t say anything, but the way he formulated it, he made hopes for a major Fujifilm X-T3 firmware update. Read it down below.
Also, a little titbit nobody reported about. Do you know that little synch terminal cap that you (and me) keep losing? Well, looks like Fujifilm has improved the mechanism and it should stick better on the camera.
If you are interested, read more down below.
- some said the Fujifilm X-T4 is actually a Fujifilm X-H. But the manager says it’s not, because even if you take the camera with closed eyes, the feeling is completely different and you feel it’s an X-T and not X-H camera
- the IBIS gyroscopes inside the X-T4 (needed to stabilize the sensor) is 8 times more precise than the one on the X-H1
- IBIS on X-T4 is 30% smaller and 20% lighter than on X-H1
- X-T4 has better shutter shock absorbing mechianism
- currently not all lenses have 6.5 stops IBIS, but Fujifilm will try to improve stabilization of all lenses via firmware
- new focal plane shutter with cordless motor has lots of advantages: less power consumption, 15 fps, requires less maintenance, more silent, less vibrations, longer shutter mechanism life (twice of X-T3)… but also has a negative aspect: it’s more expensive
- The X-T4 has shorter EVF blackout compared to X-T3
- Bleach Bypass film simulation (high contrast, less saturation) emulates the look of some big movies like Minority Report, Save Private Ryan, 300 and more
- when asked about X-T4 features coming via firmware update ot X-T3, the manager says there are priorities, and now the priority is to work on X-T4. He has no information about X-T3 firmware, but he also says that Fujifilm always wants to support as much as possible older cameras, so once the Fujifilm X-T4 is out and done, they might start to try to implement whatever goes in X-T3. Fujifilm’s philosophy until now was never to abandon a product once a successor is out
- X-T3 will keep up being produced
- the synch terminal cap [which I keep losing, and I am sure you guys too] has an improved mechanism to try to make it harder to accidentally come off
- when you reset the camera, you can decide if to reset all settings, or only video settings or only stills settings
- Fujifilm X-T4: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- BC-W235 Dual Battery Charger: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera
- NP-W235 Battery: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / FocusCamera
- X-T4 Vertical Grip: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera