Today I’ve learned a lesson.
Which lesson? I will tell you at the bottom.
First you have to know that so far we have spotted three camera registrations in the first half of 2023.
- FF220002 = Fujifilm X-S20
- FF230001 = very likely Fujifilm GFX100II
- FF230002 = yet unknown
And because it takes Fujifilm between 1-4 months usually to release gear after registration, this would mean all three should come within this year.
And here comes the problem.
Given the lack of rumors about the third camera supposed to come in 2023, I told you yesterday here that I believe the registration could be for the vertical file transmitter grip for the GFX100II, but making clear that’s not a rumor, just a speculation of mine.
But after I’ve shared the video trusted sources (thanks!!!) reached out to me and corrected my speculation telling me this:
- there will not be a file transmitter grip for the GFX100 II
- Frame-io Camera-to-Cloud (C2C) integration will be possible using the GFX100II body only
But what in the X-H world costs you $600 extra to get access to (frame.io C2C), you’ll get it built into the Fujifilm GFX100 II body for this price here.
And you know what that means.
It means that I have to get back at work to try to find out what the FF230002 is ;).
I have learned the lesson that I better don’t make any speculations, but just follow blindly the rumor-path my sources share with me.
So I will do just that.
By sharing more big rumors still before the launch of the GFX100II.
Fujifilm X Summit September 12 at 5 AM New York Time
GFX100II Rumors & More
- Name = Fujifilm GFX100II
- Price: $7499
- announcement on September 12
- tilt & detachable EVF
- detachable battery grip
- GFX100II about the size of the GFX100S but with angled top plate
- 102MP BSI sensor (new version)
- CFexpress Type B and SD-Cards
- 8K video, 4K/60p, 10 bit 4:2:2, ProRes Internal
- compatible with External Cooling Fan
- Extra Large and 9.44 m-Dot EVF
- latest subject tracking
- fastest AF of any GFX
- 8 Stops IBIS
- 3 way tilt screen
- Video touch-to-track Autofocus
- Waveforms Monitor
- Anamorphic Mode
- Coming with Reala film simulation
- GFX100 II first photo leaked?
NOTE: we confirm the leaked photo is real and that it has an angled top plate even if it does not look like it
- full size HDMI port
- 8 fps mechanical shutter
- Ethernet port
- Frame.io C2C integration with GFX100II body only (no vertical file transmitter grip)
- GF55mmF1.7 and Tilt Shift 30mm + 110mm F5.6 coming September 12
Follow FujiRumors on
Fujifilm Facebook Groups