- GFX50S II: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- GF 35-70mmF4.5-5.6: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- GFX100S: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- X-T30 II: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- XF 23mm f/1.4 R LM WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
- XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / Moment
We have to be clear and careful.
So let’s start with what Fujifilm told us at the recent Fujifilm X Summit here:
- stacked backside illuminated sensor is coming for the X series
- it will have an X-Trans color filter array (old news for FujiRumors readers ;))
- higher resolution APS-C cameras are coming (as we expected)
And indeed, last year Sony has released a brand new 43 megapixel APS-C stacked BSI sensor.
So it’s a done deal, right? We will get a Fujifilm X-H2 with 43 megapixel APS-C stacked BSI sensor as everybody speculates based on Sony’s sensor offering?
After the X summit, several trusted sources reached out to us and wanted me to inform fellow FR-readers, that the Fujifilm X-H2 will have a 40 megapixel sensor.
No more details given for now.
Now, I don’t know if it is the same 43 megapixel sensor we talked about earlier, but Fujifilm will effectively use only 40 of those for some obscure reason, or if it’s simply just another sensor we don’t know about yet. I will investigate this and let you know.
What is sure, is that once the Fujifilm X-H2 hits the market, it will be sold and marketed as a 40MP camera.
And quite frankly, in a world where every megapixel matters, it would be a bad marketing move to use a 43MP sensor and advertise it as a lower resolution 40MP sensor. So my guess (not rumor, guess), is that it’s a true 40 megapixel sensor.
FujiRumors already and exclusively told you that there will be two Fujifilm X-H2 cameras coming.
Will both feature this 40MP sensor, maybe one in X-Trans version and the other with a more affordable Bayer sensor? Or will one have a selfie screen and the other a 3 way tilt screen? A retro and a PSAM version? Or will there be two completely different sensors? Or maybe it’s the same sensor, just one in a video oriented camera maybe even with built-in fan, and a more stills oriented body?
Questions, that shall not remain unanswered for too long. Just follow FujiRumors and your doubts and questions will dissipate soon enough ;).
Until then, check out our initial X-H2 rumored specs list.
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022
- Fujifilm X-H2 will shoot 8K DCI/UHD
- Fujifilm X-H2 will cost less than $2,500 – and that’s a big deal
- Fujifilm X-H2 will be first X series camera to use new sensor and processor
- Fujifilm X-H2 with X-Trans sensor – any why this is good news – confirmed by Fujifilm
- 40 Megapixel sensor
- there will be 2 Fujifilm X-H2 cameras
The Fastest Growing Fujifilm Group
- Fujifilm Film Simulation Group (100% Fuji Colors Power)
Join Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-S User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Join Our Facebook Pages