Two or three times a year, I feel like I need to put a bit of order in the whirlwind of rumors, and give you guys a well-ordered overview of the rumors shared so far this year by FujiRumors.
It’s also the opportunity for me to check back the accuracy of all the rumors I’ve shared this year.
So high time for some facts:
- 229 blog post published so far in 82 days (2017)
- 36 rumors shared in 82 days (2017)
- 12 rumors still to be verified
- 24 correct rumors out of 24 verifiable rumors
- 0 wrong rumors out of 24 verifiable rumors
- 100% correct rumors
Sure, there are still 12 rumors that have to be verified, not all will be correct (because they are wrong or Fujifilm will change plans), but I’d say of the 12 remaining, I wouldn’t be surprised if most are correct.
A big hug goes to all sources, from the most anonmyous to the most trusted one, who decided to help me to find the right path in the fake rumor jungle and to put excitement in the Fuji world by sharing accurate rumors. You make being an Fuji shooter even more fun :-)
Also, thanks to everybody, who spotted some interesting Fuji related news/rumor/deal/review on the web, and took his/her time to drop me an email with the link to it. Much appreciated… and feel free to keep it up.
* 75% to 99% correct
- Fujifilm X80 Coming Second Half of 2017 (shared February 20)
- Trusted Source Confirms: “Fujifilm Developing Ultimate APS-C X-camera. Based on X-T Design. Price Not Yet Set, but Most Expensive X” (shared 14 March)
- Instax Goes Hybrid: Fujifilm INSTAX Square SQ10 Will have a Micro SD Card Slot (shared 16 March)
- First LEAKED Image of the Fujifilm Instax SQ (not SQ10). Film Only (shared March 17)
- Instax Square SQ10 with USB-Charging (shared March 18)
MEDIUM HIGH RATING*
*50% to 74% correct
- Fujifilm X100F Allows You to Change ISO Value with Command Dial (Probably Coming to X-Pro2 via Firmware) (shared January 16) – NOTE 1: X100F part is correct. To see if it comes also to X-PRO2. NOTE 2: The firmware announcement of March 23 says that this feature will come via Firmware, but only to X-T2. This sounds very strange to me. Could be an error of Fujifilm. I’ll wait for the firmware to come out, and if indeed the X-Pro2 does not get this feature, move this rumor in the wrong rumors section
- Fujinon XF 33mm F1.0 No Longer on Fujifilm’s Internal Roadmap … GAME OVER for Fuji’s Super Fast Lens? (shared January 30)
- Fujifilm Plans Fujinon XF 18mm F2 Mark II Lens (shared February 9)
- Profoto and Miltiblitz support for GFX (shared February 26)
- Fujifilm (Currently) Planing a Fujinon XF200mm F2 (shared March 2)
MEDIUM LOW RATING*
*25% to 49% correct
- Fujinon XF 8-16mm F2.8 WR will Be The Next X-mount Lens Launched after the XF80mm Macro (shared January 25)
- Fujifilm Working on the Ultimate $5,000+ APS-C X-Trans X-series Camera (also for Video) (shared March 3)
*1% to 24% correct
- This could actually be by far the longest section…. I’d just need to publish all the fakes ;) .