When I told you that the Fujifilm X-T5 will be smaller than the Fujifilm X-T4, some of you understood that this might be the reason why it won’t shoot 8K video (smaller bodies struggle more with heat management than bigger bodies).
But others were worried that the Fujifilm X-T5 won’t even offer 6K video.
So I am glad to report that, despite getting smaller, the Fujifilm X-T5 will still be able to shoot 6K video, more precisely 6K/30p.
So yes, it is not 8K, but 6K should be a pretty decent format for most video uses anyway.
The X-T5 is still a very nice hybrid camera.
Fujifilm X-T5 rumors recap:
- X-T5 announcement November 2
- shipping in November
- 40 megapixel sensor of X-H2
- no stacked 26MP version planed
- no vertical battery grip option at all
- 3 way tilt screen
- X-T5 body only to cost $1,699 and €1,999
- Movie/Stills switch (no metering mode switch like on X-T3)
- XF30mmF2.8 Macro Announcement November 2
- no 8K video
- black and silver version available
- “old” AF joystick design of X-T4
- X-T5 will be smaller than Fujifilm X-T4
- almost perfectly accurate X-T5 mock-ups (confirmation of manual MCS switch and D-Pad)
- dual SD-Card slot (no CFexpress option)
- X-T5 has IBIS and Pixel Shift
- X-T5 Shipping mid November
- will shoot 6K/30p
100% Fuji Colors Power
Rumors and Discussions