I just finished a dinner with friends, but before I go to bed, I thought I could publish a rumor that has just been confirmed to me, and answers one of the questions you had regarding the Fujifilm X100V.
Well, according to our sources, the Fujifilm X100V will have the classic old Fujifilm NP-W126S battery.
So, the brand new battery (which I remind will not even be the GFX NP-T125 battery) will be reserved for the Fujifilm X-T4 only, and of course only later find its way to future camera bodies.
FR-reader Lars contacted me and wrote:
Today I got my X-Pro3 back from Fuji Service with a new firmware update vers. 1.02. That update was actually released already on 16. January regarding the Fuji Website. But when you click on it you go to the vers. 1.01 that was released in December and the file is the same too.
I did check, and indeed, on the firmware list page, Fujifilm mentiones X-Pro3 firmware 1.02 as released on January 16. As you can see from the screenshot above, it says:
The phenomenon that in rare cases, a freeze could occur is fixed
But once you click and enter on the X-Pro3 firmware download page here, all you see is firmware 1.01.
My guess? Fujifilm will release another firmware update, maybe ver.1.1, which will incorporate the bug fixed with 1.02 as well as other issues.
Don’t forget to…
- Support FujiRumors on Patreon
- Follow FujiRumors: Facebook, Instagram, RSS-feed, Youtube, Flipboard and Twitter
- Join our User Groups: Fujifilm X-T, GFX, X-H, X-Pro, X-E and X100 line
- Best Facebook Pages: Fujifilm X-T, Fujifilm X-H and Fujifilm GFX
We did compare both lenses already by the specs sheets, and we saw that they are basically the same, except for the fact that the Fujinon XC 35mm f/2 has no aperture ring, no weather sealing and is made mainly out of plastic.
Well, DPReview TV tested them both, and here is what they say:
- XC35mm is lighter and more affordable
- autofocus motor is the same. Both lenses focus fast
- sharpness is identical in center and in corners. Very good performing lenses
- bokeh identical
- fringing identical
- flare and stunstars are identical
- skin tones identical
- XC lens is a bit lighter, but not a difference that is worth to go for XC lens
- XF lens has a classier look, weather sealing, metal, and aperture ring
- XC lens comes without lens hood
- XC lens costs half the money
- with the extra $200 for the XF 35mmF2 you get quite a lot
Fuji’s best seller now got even more affordable, but personally I’d spend those extra 200 bucks all day long, for having a more solid, weather resistant lens with aperture ring.
But I get the point of it: now and entry level kit with a fixed prime lens got even more affordable.
- XF35mmF2 WR: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- Fujifilm X-T200: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- XC 35mm f/2: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
After our rumor, that the Fujifilm X100V will have an improved 23mmf/2 lens, I got some emails from current X100 shooters, who are planing to upgrade, worried that their current Fujinon WCL-X100 II and Fujinon TCL-X100 II.
→ Fujirumors – HACK: How to Convert Old WCL-X100 and TCL-X100 into Version II with Magnets
Make sure to:
- Top Community: Fujifilm X100 Line facebook group
Previous X100V rumors
- fujirumors – Fujifilm X100V: First Leaked Image
- fujirumors – Fujifilm X100V coming with 2 way tilt screen
- fujirumors – Fujifilm X100V with improved 23mm f/2 lens
- fujirumors – Fujifilm X100V aprox. price leaked