It was inevitable, because:
- I use Lightroom standalone
- Adobe now offers only subscription model
- Newer cameras are not supported on LR standalone
- I don’t want to join a subscription model
So I had to look for alternatives, and although my lovely Fujifilm X-E3 is still supported in Lightroom standalone, I figured out that, since I am going to leave Lightroom anyway at some point, I better do it now.
Luckily we live in times, where there are a lot of valuable alternatives, such as:
And after a summer spent at home hiking my mountains (you can see my wife and me caching sunrise at 8,200 feet here) and editing pictures with a mix of different software, I decided to make Capture One Pro my main software of choice.
And yes… X-Trans files and Capture One do get along very well :).
The learning curve?
Well, that actually went faster than I’d have expected, as Capture One is just a very good software overall, but there are also lots of quick tip C1 youtube videos you can check out for help.
We have shared Capture One tutorials and quick tips already in past roundups:
- read here – Migrating from LIGHTROOM to CAPTURE ONE Free Video Tutorials Online
- read here – Capture One Pro Workflow Tips and Tricks
- read here – Capture One for Fujifilm: Tips and Tricks, Quick Guides, C1 vs Lightroom and Luminar
- read here – Capture One Pro 12: Sharpening Fujifilm Files, New Features Overview, Jonas Rask Capture One 12 Coverage and More
- read here – TESTED: Capture One Pro 12 Improved Fujifilm X Trans Support
- read here – Best RAW Converters for FUJIFILM Files in 2019, Why Capture One is Better than Lightroom (Sometimes) and More Comparisons
And today, down below, you’ll see a few more of them.
Farewell Adobe… I am out… and just a recommendation: treat your customers better than this ;).
- Capture One Pro 12 – includes FREE upgrade to Capture One 20
New Capture One Roundup
- thecommonsensephotographer – Processing Fujifilm Raw Files In Capture One Pro (Part One)
- thomasfitzgeraldphotography – Why I Recommend Capture One for Fuji Shooters
- thomasfitzgeraldphotography – Use Layers to Apply Noise Reduction to the Shadows in Capture One
- camerajabber – Capture One Pro 12 Review