Fujifilm X-T3 vs X-T2 JPEG comparison
ThePixedCatcher wonders: is there a visible difference between the Fujifilm X-T3 and X-T2 in terms of sharpness and dynamic range? He imported the JPEG images into Capture One and says (using XF23mmF1.4):
UPDATE: Follow up video here.
- DR100 @ ISO200: no difference in sharpness
- DR400 @ ISO800: noise similar. Details a little bit better on X-T3, but not huge difference
- ISO200 and ISO800: no noticable difference in dynamic range
- Conclusion: Video features and Autofocus are main advantages with X-T3 over X-T2
- at very high ISO the X-T2 has more noise than X-T3, but the difference is not that much
The French youtube channel Les Guide Fujifilm by Damien Bernal compared the X-T2 and X-T3 during a Fuji event at very high ISO (12,800). The comparison is not really fair, since the X-T2 was shot at 1/1000s whereas the X-T3 at 1/1100s, but you can see the result minute 12:01 here. The difference is substantial, but again, take the test with a grain of salt.
CONCLUSIONS: Of course no conclusion can be taken, since only the RAW files will tell the truth. But if I should take one based on JPEG comparisons shared so far, I’d say there is no difference at lower ISO, but at very high ISO the X-T3 is better than the X-T2. But only RAW will tell the truth.