It’s high time to share some hard facts:
- 544 blog posts published so far in 2015
- 92 of these 544 articles were rumors
- 48 were right, 7 were wrong and 37 still have to be verified
- 87,27% correct rumors shared so far in 2015 (and it’s up to you to decide, if the 7 wrong rumors are really that grave or rather irrelevant)
- 1000’s of “Thank you” to all those sources, who shared correct rumors with FR. :-)
About the rumor check
All the rumors shared here are different rumors, mostly from different sources, all shared at a different time about different things.
Also consider that for example every single Fuji X-T10 rumor shared over half a year by different sources (the announcement date, several specs, the leaked images etc.) could have been right or wrong. That’s why they have to be listed separately.
Throwing for example all X-T10 rumors into one pot would not respect the work of several FR-sources. It probably wouldn’t even change the correct rumor hit rate at all, since we’d then have to put together also the wrong rumors, which means I’d have shared just 4 wrong rumors instead of 7.
If you don’t trust this list for whatever reason, then feel free to invest a couple of hours of your time, go through all the rumors shared in 2015 and make your own list. Then pass it to me via email. I’ll be happy to publish it on FujiRumors.
* 75% to 99% correct
– Fujifilm decided to go ahead and produce the XF33mmF1.0
– Fuji X-PRO2 delayed to 2016
– X-Pro2 will NOT show up at CES 2016 but later!
– X-PRo2 announcement Janaury 15, 2016
– Fuji X-PRO2 will be 4K capable
– X-PRO2 will have new processor EXR III
– Fujifilm X-PRO2 will have 1/8000 mechanical shutter speed
– The Fuji X-PRO2 will be weather sealed
– Fujifilm will launch the X70, little sister of the X100 series… with a NEW LENS!
– Fuji X-PRO2 available early 2016
– The rumored X-E2 firmware will bring a new AF-system to X-E2 cameras
– No more X-PRO1S, all R&D placed into the X-PRO2 (shared in 2014)
MEDIUM HIGH RATING*
*50% to 74% correct
– The Fujifilm X-PRO2 will come in January 2016
– X100T successor with Newly Developed Lens!
– X-PRO2 Sync Speed faster than 1/180th
– Fujifilm is forging a MEDIUM FORMAT CAMERA
– Fuji plans a Super Fast XF 33mmF1.0, but final decision is not yet made if to produce it or not
– Fujifilm plans a Super Fast F/1.0 lens!
– Sony A7000 APS-C sensor with BSI and 24 or about 30 MP, 4K, Phase detection pixels covering the whole sensor area
– No further delay on the XF100-400 (roadmap says available within March 2016)
– Fuji Flash delayed to first half of 2016
– X-PRO2 with tilt screen
– X-PRO2 with 24MP (shared in 2014)
– Fuji Flash made with METZ, ABC grouping, off shoe TTL (shared in 2014) [NOTE: As confirmed here, Fuji really planed to release it in 2015. However, the Metz insolvency changed everything. I still don’t know if this will lead also to changes in the specs].
MEDIUM LOW RATING*
*25% to 49% correct
– Internal Fuji roadmap shows 200mm, 8mm and 33mm. But 33mmF1.0 still not sure if Fuji will make it
– No Plans for an Instax Wide Printer at this stage
– Sigma has no Plans to make X-mount lenses. X-Market share too small
– Fujifilm considering to make an XF 60mm Mark II, once they completed the roadmap!
– Fuji X-PRO2 will have „about the same size“ of the current Fujifilm X-PRO1
– No Full Frame for Fuji X100T successor? New Source says: “Same sensor of Fuji X-PRO2”
– Kaizen Again? Fuji X-T1 will get another Firmware update this year!
– The Fujifilm X-E2 will get the NEW AF-SYSTEM by the end of this year
– Fujifilm Flash will come in spring 2015, guide no. 50 and wireless control [NOTE: As confirmed here, Fuji really planed to release it in 2015. However, the Metz insolvency changed everything. I still don’t know if this will lead also to changes in the specs].
– Fujifilm X-T2 coming pretty soon after the Fujfilm X-PRO2
– X-PRO2 priced about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1 (shared in 2014)
– X-PRO2 will feature a dual SD card slot (shared in 2014)
– X-PRO2 with tilt screen (shared in 2014)
*1% to 24% correct
– XF100-400 and XF120mmF2.8 delayed!
– X-PRO2 with bigger sensor ( ≈ 1.3x crop), compatible with existing lenses
– Fuji working on bigger sensor camera. Some XF lenses already able to cover bigger sensor!
– Fujifilm will launch the first X series camera with 1” sensor in about 3 months. Fixed lens super-zoom with range similar to X-S1
– Next generation of X-Trans sensor will be made by Toshiba [NOTE: I never believed it, and never planed to publish it, but since the famous joofei shared it here, I decided to share it. We now know that everything joofei shared so far is wrong.] – Fujifilm X-PRO2 coming “late 2015“ [NOTE: This early rumor (shared on Janaury 13) was probably correct at the time of sharing, but will turn out to be wrong due changed plans at Fuji. Unless I find an official statment from Fujifilm about the delay, I’ll consider it a wrong rumor anyway.]
Push the READ MORE button for the 2015 Rumor Check
_ _ _
CORRECT RUMORS IN 2015
1. XF 16-55mm f/2.8 WR to be announced on January 6th
2. XF 16-55 will cost about £900/1000 (price £949)
3. X-A2 with 180° tilt screen for selfies
4. Fujifilm X-A2 to be announced January 15th
5. Fujifilm XQ2 coming January 15th
6. Lensbaby lenses for X-Mount coming this Spring
7. NEW ROADMAP to be released NEXT WEEK :: will include XF 120mmF2.8 1:1 Macro, 35mmF2, 1.4x teleconverter and 100-400
8. eXtended X-deals :: Save up to $200 on X-cameras and XF-lenses until March 28!
9. SUPER-DEAL on the XF 18-135 starting on April 12 (save $300)
10. XF 16mm to be announced this week: It will weigh 375g, have a filter size of 67mm, a Focus range from 0.15m to ∞ , 13 elements 11 groups, 9 (rounded diaphragm opening) 1/3EV (22 steps).
11. eXtended version: Fuji X-deals will run until May 30… save up to $400
12 New Firmware with Improved AutoFocus for X-T1 coming in May, probably 11th of May (NOTE: rumor shared back in April. Firmware has been announced on the 11th of May)
13 Fuji X-T1 Firmware ver. 4.0 to be announced in May but released in June!
14. A New X-camera will be Announced in May
15.Fujifilm X-T10 to be announced Mid-May
16.Fujifilm X-T10 coming late spring/early summer
17. X-T10 announcement May 18
18. Fujifilm X-T10: Body Price between 700 and 800. Kit with 16-50 or 18-55! No dedicated PASM dial.
19. ** FIRST FUJI X-T10 IMAGE LEAKED ** SEE NOW the Worldwide FIRST IMAGE of the Fujifilm X-T10!
20. X-T10: two small dials under the Drive and Shutter dial: One to enable flash, and one to switch to Full Auto Mode (with scene recognition)
21. Top Trusted Source Says: “Get ready for a NEW LENS on May 18th!!!”
22. XF 90mm: Weight 540g, 13 elements 8 groups with 3 extra low dispersion elements. Minimum focus distance of 0.6m. Size: 75mm x105mm.
23. Fujifilm X-T10 and XF90mm to be announced at 01:00 AM New York Time / 06:00 AM London Time
24. The mysterious new entry-level? A cheaper version of the Fujfilm X-T1 coming this year (NOTE: shared 12 January 2015)
25. Downspec’d Fujifilm X-T1 to be called… Fujifilm X-T10
26. FUJIFILM X-T10 – No weather sealing & smaller EVF
27. Fujifilm X-T10: Some Design Changes over X-T1, SLR shape, Black and Silver version for the same price!
28. Fujifilm X-T10 will have improved AF-performance [NOTE: the improved AF performance should be implemented to the X-T1 via firmware udpate, too] 29. X-T10 no ISO dial, EVF size about the same of X-E2, build in flash, kit lens will be an XC lens
30. Fujifilm X-T10 will feature a Function Dial (CH, CL, BKT…) instead of ISO-Dial
31. XF 90mm will come in July
32. Fujifilm X-T1 Better AutoFocus coming in May with Firmware Ver. 4.0
33. X-T10 kit will cost CHF 849. Other EU-countries (not all) will sell body for €699 and kit for €799. [Note: The day before I said the Fuji X-T10 kit will cost €849, but it was an error of mine, because it said CHF and not €. So I corrected it the day after] 34. Uk X-T10 & 90mm price: X-T10 body £499 / 16-50 kit £599 / 18-55 kit £799 / 90mm £699
36. Fuji X Flash delayed because of Metz insolvency (NOTE: confirmed by insiders here)
37. The X-T1 Firmware 4.0 coming on June 25 (NOTE: read the comments here and you will have it confirmed. The firmware has been delayed later on)
38. X-T1 Firmware 4.0 delayed from June 25 to June 29 [Fujifilm confirmed here release for June 29] 39. New X-deals Coming May 24: $150 price drop on X-T1 and 35mmF1.4 and more.
40. Fujifilm X-E2 Firmware Update coming in about 6 months –NOTE: Rumor confirmed on the 24 of July by Fujifilm itself here. Last second delays due to unexpected bugs can always happen.
41. XF35mmF2 WR and 1.4x TC announcement at 01:00 AM NY-Time of Oct. 21
42. XF35mmF2 WR & 1.4 TC available in mid-November (probably 14th) – [NOTE: Adorama & Co expect it to be available on Nov.14] 43. XF 35mmF2 WR will cost less than the current XF35mmF1.4
44. XF35mmF2 will cost €399
45. Teleconverter 1.4x will cost €449
46. 1.4x Teleconverter to be announced along with the 35mmF2 on Ocotber 21 – both will hit the market mid-November!
47. XF35mmF2 to be announced on October 21
48. XF35mmF2 WR and 1.4x Tele-Converter to be announced late October
WRONG RUMORS IN 2015
1. Fujifilm should present a flash system for X series at the CES
2. Lightroom with X-T1 tethered support coming in February (shared 8 January 2014) – NOTE: a plug-in for Adobe tethered shooting was announced in February, but since I said a dedicated Adobe solution will be “released” in February, I consider this a wrong rumor.
3. Next Version of Lightroom will support X-T1 tethered shooting (shared 7 January 2014) – NOTE: a plug-in of Fujifilm was offcially announced on February 26th.
4. X-T1 Firmware 4.0 postponed form June 18 to June 22 (shared June 3) – [NOTE: this rumor has been confirmed on June 7th by a Fujifilm Manager here. But, at the end, what the Manager confirmed is also wrong, since the a trusted sources corrected the manager and said the date is the 25, then 29]
5. Fuji X-T1 Super-Firmware Ver. 4.0 to download on June 18th [NOTE: Postponed, came a few days later]
6. Lightroom Plug-in for Mac tethered shooting available in August [NOTE: sorry guys, it came on July 29… 3 days too early ;) )
7. X-T1 Firmware update will make Video Button an FN-button [NOTE: I believe that this source confused FW 4.10 with the rumored FW 5.0, which should indeed bring new features