In the last weeks I’ve shared 2 rumors regarding the X-PRO1 successor:
- an anonymous source said that no X-Pro1s is on the horizon… all R&D [research and development] is being placed into Fujifilm X-Pro2 for 2015
- a new source said that the Fujifilm X-PRO2 will feature a FF sensor
The trusted source could NOT confirm that the X-PRO2 will feature an FF sensor, but said that there won’t be an X-PRO1S. Fuji will focus on the X-PRO2.
That’s it for now, and stay tuned!
Full Frame or not? That is the question. The FR-community seems to be divided. Here are some of the most liked comments from the last X-PRO2 rumor.
- “I wait for the organic apsc size sensor, not any FF!!!!!!” (Ali)
- “I suspect the main money maker will be the APSC lines, but the new FF line will increase market awareness and put Fuji well and truly in the Pro field as well. It is a totally logical business move. All the other big players have APSC and FF lines, so why should fuji exclude a certain user segment.” Allweather
- “If this decision is true, it is a bad decision. Fujifilm does not have the money and engineering resources to develop a FF mirrorless system from scratch AND continue to develop it’s APS-C X system.” jg
- “My only problem with this will be the size! the body will be bigger, lenses will be bigger and heavier, and everything will make you think why did you leave your SLR in the first place?!” Nour El Refai
- “Especially with A7/A7r are already in the market and received positive feedback, it’s time for fuji to seriously consider the FF before it’s too late. A fuji x FF with in-body stabilization is a dream camera for me :).” Wilson
- “IMHO this would be great. I believe that for many (myself included) FF is the only thing holding them back from finally ditching the DSLR and going all Fuji. Also, I don’t completely understand the people who think that Fuji would some how forget APS-C if they made a FF camera. All the lenses and many different camera bodies would still be there, so people who want to stick with APS-C can do so. It’s not like the FF would take something away from APS-C (maybe just some resources from development department).” Jukka Saarikko
- “Hopefully this is just a lame rumor. APS-C X-Trans Organic sensor please, weather sealing, updated viewfinder, better AF, MF usability with OVF needed.” Austin
- “Patrick, when exactly did you receive these rumor submissions? On April 1st?” Trenton Talbot
So, which group do you belong to? Full Frame or not? Here is the poll.