As you read here, Zack Arias is considering to sell all his X-gear to get the GFX.
In his recent GPP talk, he introduces the GFX in an interesting one hour video. Here some excerpts:
- He will start telling you why he chose Medium Format and his first steps in with Medium Market.
- He goes through his personal issues that, amongst the others, also influenced his work…. and shares his way out of that.
- At minute 31:00 he starts sharing his recent work with the GFX
- 32:25: He shares pictures that his 18 years old son took with the GFX.
- 35:00: “I’ve shot every format, but Medium Format has this look. It’s how the highlights and shadows are retained, the soft transitions between those two, how the focus falls off. I can’t describe steroscopic bokeh at all, but I can see it. […] I want that different look.”
- 39:00. Pixel Peeping Time… and you will hear the people just say “WOW!!” when they see the amazing sharpness and details.
- 42:30: The MF Phase One is amazing. Has 1 AF point, though. He goes at 1,600 ISO at max with his Phase One now.
- 43:55: Zack shows an image taken at ISO 12,800 (JPEG)… and again another WOW goes through the audience.
- 48:00: A Fuji Representative says that Capture One will support the GFX